Editor question (font size)

Dave E

Hi all,
I have a simple question. How do you change the font size of the code typed into the editor? My eyes are not what they used to be and computer monitors have more and more pixels per inch.

Thanks,
Dave

BCJKiwi

Appears to use a stanadrd font which cannot be changed.

There is no .ini file for the programming editor and in the settings section in the registry there are entries for all the things you can change in view/options/editor - no entry for the font.

Last edited:

moxhamj

What a strange coincidence - I was just about post this very question!

It displays fine on my smaller monitors but on a bigger one the size of the text has got so small it is hard to read and it isn't due to eyes - the size of the text is just smaller.

Q to technical - any chance of making this an adjustable option - it would be greatly appreciated!

BCJKiwi

I knew this had come up before;

Technical reponded to an issue where everything was in italics with the following;

Code:
This is a missing font issue on your computer. Make sure you have the Windows default fonts (courier) installed.

As a work around you can use RTF mode and select your font/size (View>Options>Editor)
So this means the Editor will always use the Windows Courier font by default.
If you change to RTF the font can be changed but then it's all in black and white (no colour syntax) and THERE IS NO SIMULATOR!!!!

mackingu

Would copy and pasting the program you're writing from the Program Editor into your regular word processor (where you can choose your font/size) help solve the problem? It may be a little cumbersome, C'n'P'ing back and forth as you edit/make corrections, but it'll git 'er done.

-mack

MFB

I would certainly find a font size option a useful addition to the Editor. Not only because my eyes are not exactly HD Ready but also because it is often necessary to monitor the terminal window on a screen at one end of the bench whilst working on hardware at the other.