Organic displays (OLED)

manuka

I've recently been checking some nifty stamp sized OLEDs (Organic LEDs - the next big thing?) sourced from Aussie's own 4DSystems =>http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=9 & DonTronics. Control of the "96" is serial & very PICAXE friendly-although the displays are quite power hungry(~100mA from 3 x AA) if showing lots of white. Data & images are stored on µSD memory cards slotted behind the display,& a graphics editor/composer allows all manner of gee whizz effects. For those trying to excite jaded teens about PICAXE projects,I can report such displays-although small & quite costly ($$-$$$)- have enormous visual impact. Audiences WILL be entranced ! Stan

Attachments

Last edited:

eclectic

? Pining for the Fjords

Is it like this one?

http://www.milinst.com/

uOLED-96-G1 Display
96x64 pixel resolution, 256 or 65K true to life colours Enhanced OLED screen. 0.96” diagonal with intellegent controller and uSD socket. Click to download user manual uOLED-96-G1 Display, Part #6-303 at £45.00 each

(and err spelling noted Dippy!)
e.

Last edited:

manuka

It looks the same. 4D's very helpful support forum has little PICAXE control - so far!

Last edited:

MurrayJ

I have had one of the older versions working for a few years. They are going to release a touch screen display soon - I cant wait.

slurp

seeing the electronic picture keyrings I was wondering if they had usable parts and interface for small projects... I have seen various sold for £7.50 beat the price of these but I'm not sure on quality.

I guess I'm waiting for them to appear in the Pound Shop ;)

regards,
colin

Last edited:

slurp

I note that there is a 1.5" (38mm) 128 x 128 pixel digial photoframe advertised on ebay - buy it now for £0.99 + £6.49 P&P from Hong Kong.

USB interface, built-in 3.7v Lithium battery, while it's aimed at storing 70 picture in JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF I wonder if the slide show or three button controls can be tweaked to give some other form of disply for a small project.

regards,
colin

manuka

I'd raised this topic for PICAXE control & data display applications of course. There certainly are heaps of these key chain/photo frame LCDs emerging however, & all manner of hacks abound. But the .jpgs/movies of most 1" offerings are really mere "eye candy", & you may as well just use a cheap "matchbox" digital camera (maybe c/w sound & no doubt better battery life as well)! The almost disposable Mustek's GSmart cameras (c/w 1.5" LCD) now sell at clearance for ~US$20!

Last edited: