08M into low power

rolsen

Can the 08M be put into a very low power consumption mode, then have an input pulse say on 3, or analogue activity on say 2, cause it to "power up" and start up a short programme.

eclectic

I've just tried this on an 18X.
Works fine.

<code><pre><font size=2 face='Courier'>
slow:
poke$8F, %00010000 '125kHz

testing:

if pin7 = 1 then dothings

goto testing

Dothings:

poke $8F, %01100000 '4 MHz

sertxd (&quot;hello there!&quot;,cr,lf)
High 1 : pause 500 : low 1

' do other things as needed

goto slow
</font></pre></code>

e.

kranenborg

Hello,

Eclectic showed the right approach using a lower clock speed, as all functionality is still available, just the pace of instruction execution becomes slower. I wish to add two things:

- Even lower power consumptiom is possible at 31 kHz.
- You can also use an interrupt to &quot;wake up&quot;; the first instruction of the interrupt routine would be a poke to set the clock speed at 4MHz (or 8 MHz); in the interrupt routine gosubs to functional modules are placed, and at the end of the interrupt routine the clock speed should be set low again. Use diode mixing for handling interrupts on several pins

The approach should work on all picaxes with interrupt capability and scalable clock

Regards,
Jurjen
www.kranenborg.org/ee/picaxe

rolsen

Thanks for prompt reply.
I'm new to the Poke command - will study up. Thanks Eclectic.
I had thought of interupt, Jurjen,but again I will need to do more study. Both ideas will help. Much appreciated.

eclectic

Jurjen. Thank you for the correction.
I was still half asleep when I sent the reply!

ROlsen I should have quoted my sources.

See Kranenborg&#8217;s post 18 Feb 2005 in this link.

http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/forum/Topic.asp?topic_id=2321&amp;forum_id=15&amp;Topic_Title=problem%2B%2Bwith%2Bgetting%2Bvery%2Blow%2Bpower%2Bconsumption&amp;forum_title=No+new+posts+please%21+9

And, this link for the values.

http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/forum/Topic.asp?topic_id=2262&amp;forum_id=15&amp;Topic_Title=08M%2B%2BUNDER%2Bclocking%2B%2521&amp;forum_title=No+new+posts+please%21+9

e.