Zero Standby Current - a solution

KMoffett

I haven't been following this forum, but someone on the Yahoo forum said you were looking for a solution to a problem that I had just solved. I developed and tested a circuit (picaxe 08M) that: a momentary PB turns on the Picaxe, the picaxe turns on a 2n3904, the transistor turns on a P-channel MOSFET, and the MOSFET maintains power to the Picaxe. In my case a second push on the PB shuts the circuit to zero current draw. Or you could have the Picaxe shut itself down at the end of a process. I don't know if there is a place to post files and images here, but they are in the FILES section of the Yahoo forum under a folder: "Servo vs Pulse Problem" or just use: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/picaxe/files/Servo%20vs%20Pulse%20Problem/

hax

Thanks Kmoffet.

That circuit is quite similar to the one we came up with but yours allows the button to turn the picaxe off as well. Good work people!

Aren't forums great?

Well, not all of them, just this one!!

KMoffett

Evan,
Sorry! Yes it does require that you register (free and easy) and login as a member. I think that tends to reduce the "noise" level.