WHich commands are allowed when using assembler?

Chris DeHut

Hi All,

Is there a document or anything that shows which commands can be used with the assembler output? So far, the only thing I have found is that the Serin function will not work but no indications anywhere on the other commands.

Thanks
Chris

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
The bas2ass.pdf says the following aren't supported - branch, button, debug, lookdown, lookup, pot, pwm - and AXE001_faq.pdf says, "some of the more complex commands (e.g. serin) are not supported".

The following (E&OE) commands appear to be supported ...

BACKWARD, BRANCH, EEPROM, END, FOR, FORWARD, GOSUB, GOTO, HALT, HIGH, IF, INPUT, LET, LOW, NAP, NEXT, OUTPUT, PAUSE, PULSOUT, RANDOM, READ, READADC, RETURN, REVERSE, SEROUT, SLEEP, SOUND, SWITCH OFF, SWITCH ON, SWITCHOFF, SWITCHON, TOGGLE, WAIT, WRITE

while these are not ...

BUTTON, CALIBFREQ, COUNT, DEBUG, HIGH PORTC, I2CSLAVE, I2CWRITE, I2CREAD, IF INFRA, IF KEYVALUE, IF PORTA, IF PORTC, INFRAIN, INFRAIN2, INFRAOUT, KEYIN, KEYLED, LET DIRSC, LET PINSC, LOOKDOWN, LOOKUP, LOW PORTC, PEEK, PLAY, POKE, PULSIN, PWM, PWMOUT, READADC10, READI2C, READMEM, READOWSN, READOWCLK, RESETOWCLK, READTEMP, READTEMP12, SERIN, SERTXD, SERVO, SETFREQ, SETINT, TUNE, WRITEI2C, WRITEMEM

Bit, Word and individual Pin and Dir variables are not supported. The AND and OR conditionals cannot be used in IF statements, and the following math operators arn't allowed ...

* / ** // MIN MAX

Edited by - hippy on 1/19/2006 1:14:39 PM

Chris DeHut

Thanks Hippy,

That gets me enough information to make my decision not to try what I was thinking. I would need communications of some sort (serial in or i2C) for what I was thinking.

You are right about having a list though. I am so surprised by that, all other documentation is OUTSTANDING and the documentation on this feature is, well, NOT.

Thanks again!

Chris

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Your question prompted me to go and do some further research and I've updated my earlier reply with more refined details. No I2C support and no serial beyond SEROUT at 2400. READAC only works for sone target chips.

Given that the conversion tool is for 'educational purposes' the limitations are not unreasonable.

Chris DeHut

I agree completely. What I was hoping for is certainly not within the scope or this PICAXE system. Frankly, I have learned more using the PICAXE system in the past few months, than I have using anything system relating to electronics.

Chris