nokia 3310 display from PICAXE 18X; it works!!

Middelbh

Just to inform you that I now have Nokia 3310 display controlled from PICAXE 18X. It's 84 * 48 pixels!
Anybody interested?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
And another, "yes please".

I finally found a Nokia 3310 LCD with pin contacts ( slightly broken but enough pixels appear to work to be able to play with it and do some experimenting ), so any PICAXE specific stuff would be very useful to save re-inventing the wheel, and that would probably be enough to kick-start what I've been intending to do. From previous posts, I think there would be quite a few people interested.

premelec

I noticed the other day that a cell phone I disassembled had a 5 pin connection to display - drive chip integrated. Old cell phones are proliferating - the more info the better [BTW there were 4.7uf & 10uF tiny multilayer capacitors and LEDs of use... and some inductors of general use]. Re-use of parts is smarts! :)

masaV

here is area to photos too,can send photos and pics here, free area all files.
subscripe first and vait admin open group you,
wery silent forum put file area is free and all can read here you projekct.petter than text only.

Middelbh

Hi all, I just posted the .bas file on groups.yahoo.com/group/picaxe in the files area. In the coming days I will also send schematics and pictures..

Regards, Hans