PICAXE with HOPERF Barometric Pressure Sensor

westaust55

I built up a project (or two) using the HOPERF pressure sensor 6 months ago as part of a weather station.

At that time I had submitted the information to Silicon Chip Magazine for consideration but even after a prompt 3 months later, I cannot get a response as to whether they are or are not interested even in the future.

So the information is not lost and is made available to PICAXE users/forum members while the hardware is available I am now posting it here.

Attached is a pdf document with the basis of operation and some theory.

Attachments

westaust55

PICAXE with HOPERF Barometric Pressure Sensor - Part 4

And finally, here is the PICAXE BASIC program code as used in an 18X.

Clearly takes a lot of variables and program space just to do the maths.

In fact I am about to have a play with of of the microMega FPU V2 (or V3.1) co-processors and see how that works and what PICAXE program space saving is achieved.

Attachments

Last edited:

tjetson

This may come in handy. I will need to use a HP02D sensor at some point this year for my school project. I didn't know it would be this complex :eek:

ValueAdd

This would have to be one of the best documented projects that I have come across here and elsewhere. Not that I have read every completed project thread.

Well done westy.
A great pity it was not published to get more PICAXE exposure.

westaust55

This may come in handy. I will need to use a HP02D sensor at some point this year for my school project. I didn't know it would be this complex :eek:
@Tjetson
This is precisely the sort of reason that I decided to publish here as I felt it could assist others rather than languish on my PC.

Not really all that complex but becomes a "work of art" to do the maths with the limited number of variables.

Which school are you going to in Vic ?

@valueadd, thanks for the kudos

darb1972

Hello westaust55,

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this project here. I am a qualified tech (for about 20 years) and I have been periodically visiting the Picaxe forum for a while now but this is my first official post.

I am still "toying" with Picaxe and I am by no means proficient in this area (particularly when it comes to code).

As someone with extensive industry and project experience I can really appreciate the effort you have put into this project. I'm very impressed.

As someone with a very keen interest in my local weather I am very grateful that you went to such lengths to produce such a high quality project. This is just what I have been looking for.

If this is how you presented the project to SC and they chose to ignore your offer then they must be nuts!!!

Thank you very much for the effort. Well done.

Regards,
darb.