i2c clarification please

russbow

I am reading the i2c tutorial in the hope of adding a data logger to my weather toy.

I have come to a grinding halt with a conflict between two documents. The problem revolves round the SDA & SCL connections to the 18x in the AXE 110 pdf. Is there an error in the doc, or am I missing something fundamenta / more advanced in the design. Perhaps the attached PDF makes it clearer.

Thanks,

Russ

Attachments

BeanieBots

I do recal that there is (was) an error with the SDA/SCL pinout in one of the example files.

The correct pins (for 18X) are:-
SDA leg 7
SCL leg 10

westaust55

@russbow,

Can you give a link to the two documents that you believe are in conflict. Currently no hints in what you posted (“I have come to a grinding halt with a conflict between two documents.”).

That will greatly help others identify if either document is at fault and hopefully if one is erroneous it can be rectified.

russbow

@westhaut,

The first extract in the PDF ( post 1 ) is from the AXE 110-i2c datasheet. It of couse shows SCL, SDA & WP busses as one would expect.

The mis-print is on the AXE 110 datasheet, page 6. The busses are connected to the wrong picaxe pins. As Beanibots indicates, the SCL & SDA are clearly indicated on the chip pinouts.

My problem of course, trying to learn about it, was had I missed a fiendish bit of software coding utilising "other pins"

Clearly not, the AXE 110 sheet is wrong.

Thanks,

Russ.

westaust55

i2c clarification

Thanks for that clarification russbow.
A reference that I often point others to for PICAXE pin (leg) use is page 8 of the PICAXE manual 1.

It is very clear once people can see exactly what are the two conflicting documents.

Hopefully Technical is reading this thread and can organise for the AXE110 datasheet diagram at page 6 to be corrected to reflect the correct pin use for the i2c and write protect signals.