Testing Forum Time

techElder

The forum time in the footer seems correct for me except it is 10 minutes slow, but I'm not complaining.

It is now 06:12 AM.

Let's see about posting time ...

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I clicked reply to your post at 17:46 ( shown as 17:36 at the bottom of the page ). I waited until 17:50 ( 17:40 ) to actually click the 'send' button.

I had noticed that the forum software sometimes seems to remember the time the reply was started rather than when sent. But that doesn't seem to have happened here.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I had noticed that the forum software sometimes seems to remember the time the reply was started rather than when sent. But that doesn't seem to have happened here.
Doesn't seem to be the case for Reply With Quote either.

Though I do note the time at the bottom of the page is still showing 17:36 for me, so I guess the page time doesn't necessarily update every time.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Don't suppose the forum server is on the continent? ;-}
It's on Planet X, Nibiru, so time drifts as that comes in and out of focus, gets more out of sync the greater the existential threat it poses to the world :)

The servers are in the UK hosted in a proper third-party data centre so should be keeping time. I'll ask if the team which deals with the servers or the server hosts can do anything about keeping time better synchronised.

I think what probably doesn't help is the time at the bottom of the page not always updating. Just looked down and that was way out of whack ... that may have been what I thought was the 'remembering time of starting reply'. Hit page refresh and it was back, though 10 minutes out.

That would seem to be a feature of the forum software so probably not a lot we can do about that.