​ ​ ​ ​ Windows10 version 1803 64 bits: last update and driver axe027

Thread: Windows10 version 1803 64 bits: last update and driver axe027

Default Windows10 version 1803 64 bits: last update and driver axe027

Hello everyone.
    Following the automatic update windows10 of May 2018, many Intel graphic & wifi drivers have been replaced and the driver axis027 PICAXE
    is no longer operational. When plugging the cable ,I have 2 messages: "We configure" AXE027 PICAXE USB "then" AXE027 PICAXE USB is
    configured and ready to use. But in the device manager, the picaxe-axe027 appears under" Other devices "with an exclamation point and no COM port
    will appear. The update of the .zip driver by downloading it on this site gives the following: "Windows has found drivers for AXE027 PICAXE USB but at
    encountered an error while trying to install it. "(Requires an interactive Windows station).
    I tried everything that was hanging on the internet about it but nothing works.
    Did you encounter the same problem? Have you solved it?

Thank you for your help
    Patrice.

Technical Support
    Blog Entries

In Device manager click the entry with the exclamation mark, right click, click 'update driver' and then browse to the unzipped driver file folder (e.g. if you unzipped it to the desktop). Or browse to /Program Files (x86)/Revolution Education/PICAXE Editor 6/usb drivers/axe027 which also has the driver file. Then just click through the ok messages.

You may need to repeat for the 'USB Serial Device' entry in Device Manager if that also has an exclamation mark.
    PICAXE Technical Support

That's exactly what I do but it fails, because W10 finds the driver, starts to install it and "encounters an error" But what a mistake?

thank you for your reply

Patrice

Have you had a browse at: Forum, Software Support, Software Installation.

Good luck, Bear..

Yes, the May update was a complete nightmare. I found that my AXE027 was no longer functioning...nor was my laser cutter; my cutting plotter and several other pieces of hardware. I had to reinstall software and drivers by the bucketful. All working fine now, but I guess that I will have to look forward to the next Windows upgrade horror show.

With respect to the AXE027, I did precisely what Technical advise above; update the AXE027 drivers and then update the USB serial device driver as described above. Make sure that you are signed in at administrator level before starting the installation. Also, copy the drivers to your hard disk just in case the path to the files is the issue that you are encountering.

@Technical: Is there a reason to use old versions of the FTDI drivers? The files in my /usb drivers/axe027 are dated Dec 7 2012 and the download on http://www.picaxe.com/Software/Drive...-Cable-Driver/ has files dated March 18th 2011. On the FTDI site the latest Windows drivers are dated August 30th 2017.

Technical Support

The AXE027, although it uses an FTDI chipset, is not a 'generic FTDI cable' so we recommend using the drivers we supply with that. Those have proven to work and be reliable in the past.

Any apparent date discrepancies between the downloadable version and what is installed with PE6 may be down to the time stamps set when files are uploaded to the site or when moved around to create the download or PE6 installer.

You are correct, both sources have the same DriverVer=03/18/2011,2.08.14