Definition of #Define in the manual

Pongo

Code recently posted by hippy included:

Code:
#Define Negative(wvar) wvar >= $8000
#Define Positive(wvar) wvar <  $8000

#Define Negate(wexpr)  wexpr ^ $FFFF + 1
Maybe I missed it but I didn't find any information regarding this use of #Define in Manual 1 or 2, fortunately I did find it in the online help here. Does the manual need to be corrected?

premelec

Editing incentive!

There are many things not in manual - it's good you tried the online ;-0 Years ago I was using a different product and the company offered a free item to people who submitted legitimate edits to their manual - that's one way to get people to do proofreading and editing - I got a free item :)

Last edited:

Flenser

I didn't find any information regarding this use of #Define in Manual 1 or 2
#define is described in Manual 2 under the index entry "Pre-Processor and Directives"
A section named "#DEFINE and #MACRO" starts on page 11

inglewoodpete

#define is described in Manual 2 under the index entry "Pre-Processor and Directives"
You have to admit that the description in Manual 2 is pretty superficial and does not cover the capabilities of Define shown in the on-line version.

Pongo

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing that section showing #Define used in the same way as in the program snippet I posted?

Flenser

inglwoodpete,

I see what you mean. The on-line version of the doco gives a more detailed description of how the #define works while the pdf doco is basically just a set of examples of the different ways to use #define without much in the way of description.