can't open output file

LEH

I am trying to program a 28x2. I programmed it once, on the 2nd try it got stuck part way thru the table part. I managed to end the session, then restarted windows to reset the com port. Now day two, I modified the program and attempted to program, I got the message in the title of this post. How do I recover/ proceed?

The bear

Hi LEH,
Have you changed the name of the file in any way?
Did it have ".bas" after the file name?

I've found 'win10 search', good at finding lost files. Ok it may not be lost. I'm clutching at straws, bears do that.

Regards, bear..

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I am trying to program a 28x2. I programmed it once, on the 2nd try it got stuck part way thru the table part.
It's not clear exactly what that means, or what that "it" is.

I managed to end the session, then restarted windows to reset the com port.
It may be that however you ended the session and restarted Windows has caused something to be changed or forgotten. Check you have the correct PICAXE type and COM port selected.

I modified the program and attempted to program, I got the message in the title of this post. How do I recover/ proceed?
What software are you using and what is full text and title of the message box showing the error ? What happens if you try a Check Firmware or Clear Program Memory ?

LEH

Today is a good day, I guess. Turned on the computer this morning and everything is fine again. Thanks for your replies.