​ ​ ​ ​ Battery tender or Picaxe 12v dc battery tender - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Battery tender or Picaxe 12v dc battery tender

Nope - I'd stick with the Diodes Inc ZXCTxxxx line of current monitors as mentioned early on... [look on Mouser.com]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by premelec View Post
    Nope - I'd stick with the Diodes Inc ZXCTxxxx line of current monitors as mentioned early on... [look on Mouser.com]
    Okay...I ordered a few of the ZXCT1009FTA from mouser....so on the bottom of the first page schematic, does the "Rout" resistor make a voltage divider to "Vout"?
    So the value of the resistor will be the dividing factor of Vout?
    programming a picaxe is some what like playing chess....and I'm horrible at chess

They make current output and voltage output units... the ZXCT1009 is a _current_ output unit so you choose the output resistor to give the desired voltage range you want to go into a READADC input pin [V = IR] - as well as choosing the shunt resistor to cause the current output... Voltage 'division' is not what is being done - the resistor 'changes' a current to a voltage... For various other units [pages of them...] :
    https://www.diodes.com/search/q=zxct...ts=Go&start=20

The ZXCT1009 is roughly 10 microamperes out per millivolt 'seen' on the shunt... however notice that there may be a zero shunt voltage output [offset] and the accuracy of this part is not very high [like its price] ... so calibration as installed is required... and the higher the shunt voltage you can use the better dealing with offset...
    Last edited by premelec; 19-05-2018 at 15:45. Reason: elaboration