PE6 pdf font

geoff07

Is there any way to change the font of the pdfs created by PE6? Although the header and footer are in a miniscule font, the code is in something like 14point with a wide line spacing. This means that a 1000-line program, such as I am currently working on, takes 20 pages. Apart from being irritating, it is a great waste of paper. Splitting into include file is possible but isn't always useful. Most other things are configurable, but I can't find a solution to this one.

rq3

Is there any way to change the font of the pdfs created by PE6? Although the header and footer are in a miniscule font, the code is in something like 14point with a wide line spacing. This means that a 1000-line program, such as I am currently working on, takes 20 pages. Apart from being irritating, it is a great waste of paper. Splitting into include file is possible but isn't always useful. Most other things are configurable, but I can't find a solution to this one.
In PE6, under File/Options there is a "Colour/Fonts" tab. I haven't printed any tests to see if this affects the PDF printer, but it certainly affects what you see in the editor itself!

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The PE6 PDF export uses the same font/size that is defined in Options ( File>Options>Colours / Fonts)

geoff07

Thanks for that. I have a large screen so to get the right size on the screen and on paper I will need to change the font. If you could see your way to have a second setting so screen and paper were different that would be good.

rq3

Ctrl + 0 through 9 will quickly change the font size.
Thanks for that, Technical! However, the result is certainly not WYSIWYG, as the PDF printer has to have its margins reset to have the hard copy actually look like what you see on the screen, and if you're not careful you can lose formatting.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Are you using the PE6 'Export as PDF' option or trying to 'print' to the separate PDF 'virtual printer'?

PE6 has built in PDF export without the need for any external printer driver.

rq3

Are you using the PE6 'Export as PDF' option or trying to 'print' to the separate PDF 'virtual printer'?

PE6 has built in PDF export without the need for any external printer driver.
Aha! Thanks again, Technical. I was printing (saving as a file) to the virtual printer. Exporting as a PDF works fine.