​ ​ ​ ​ Please point me to some step by step basics to code the PICAXE using Blockly. - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Please point me to some step by step basics to code the PICAXE using Blockly.

Yes plan to try a piezo, too, when we get a micro......

Good morning , Is it possible to connect the accelerometers on both hammers to the same pin?

Someone with a better understanding of reading analog inputs than I have will have to answer that.

Not sure of the accel output - but if you just want to know if there is any action from either connect each to ADC pin through a resistor - if you need to discriminate between the two units that's more difficult... best to use 2 pins then... or external complications of components to show different levels of voltage with different combinations of analog voltages... i also suggest you just try piezo for vibration sense - I have seen piezos with lead blob cemented to them to act as crude accelerometer ;-0

Technical Support

I haven't really followed the accelerometer discussion but it may be necessary to look at more than one signal from each stick if one cannot guarantee their orientation, and it doesn't seem likely one could. If attached to the strings it may be possible.

If just wanting to look for peak movements, eg impact, assuming that is this case then you could perhaps diode mix signals together.

A better solution maybe another PICAXE as a man in the middle detecting strikes and signalling those to the master PICAXE. Using an output which toggles rather than produces a pulse per strike can help in not missing strikes, simplifies the synchronisation of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by hippy View Post
    ... if one cannot guarantee their orientation ...
    I think the motion is pretty close to a nearly vertical hatchet-chop--I don't think that it would add much to look at other orientations.

Can you diode-mix analog signals without essentially averaging them? It's possible that an average between neutral/no-strike and strike would be detectable, though I found a good bit of variation around neutral/resting with a hand-held pencil.