​ ​ ​ ​ Please point me to some step by step basics to code the PICAXE using Blockly. - Page 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Please point me to some step by step basics to code the PICAXE using Blockly.

We made a wiring error on the 9 LED array. We grounded the Anodes instead of the cathodes! Pins B0 through B7 work the other way. Is there a way to reverse the direction of the DC on the pins or must we rewire the diodes?

If I understand correctly, all you would need to do is reverse the HIGHs and LOWs. So in the code in post 44, after "else ' portB LED matrix control--", replace "high pinNo" with "low pinNo", and "low pinNo" with "high pinNo".

(Maybe I misunderstood--do you mean on the 16-LED matrix? If not, I would think you need to rewire. Alternatively, you can take the common wire from all the Anodes to +5V, and the cathode wires to the individual pins (through resistors). Then the "active state" for each pin would be "LOW" instead of "HIGH"--"tri-state" the inactive pins by making them inputs.)
    Last edited by lbenson; Today at 03:34.