Pwmduty 08m?

techElder

Is pwmduty available for the 08M or not? It certainly works for the 08M2, and the following from Basic Commands doesn't specifically exclude the 08M.

PE 6.0.9.3 complains with, " pmduty command not supported by this chip, use pwmout! " and that is clear to me, but confusing when I'm following the documentation.

A forum search did not bring up anything.

Name:
pwmduty
Syntax:

PWMDUTY pin,duty cycles

Pin - is a constant which specifies the i/o pin to use. Note that the pwmout pin is not always a default output pin.

Duty - is a variable/constant (0-1023) which sets the PWM duty cycle. (duty cycle is the mark or 'on time' )
Description:

Alter the duty cycle after a pwmout command has been issued. On some parts the pwmduty command can be used to alter the pwm duty cycle without resetting the internal timer (as occurs with a pwmout command). A pwmout command must be issued on the appropriate pin before this command will function. See the pwmout command for more details and restrictions.

Applies To:
All (except 08, 18, 18A, 20M, 28, 28A)
See Also:

pwmouthpwmhpwmduty

Related Create:

LEDRGB LEDL293D Motor Driver

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
If the compiler says no the answer is no. This part has been obsolete for several years - the current part (08M2) does support this command.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Is pwmduty available for the 08M or not? It certainly works for the 08M2, and the following from Basic Commands doesn't specifically exclude the 08M.
What has probably happened is the 'available for' had been copied from PWMOUT to PWMDUTY. I have updated the online PWMDUTY documentation accordingly.