Porting from original 20M software to a 20X or 20M2

fernando_g

Looong time, I've posted in this forum.

My PICAXE basic is somewhat rusted, so this may be a very simple question to some of you.

What is required to port original 20M software to a modern 20X or 20M2?

I've an old project which I accidentally damaged the 20M. I already have a 20X which could be a solution. Or if you guys think a 20M2 would be easier to port, I will acquire one.

premelec

I would start in the editor - put in your old code and change the picaxe type to that proposed and run syntax and simulate... I'm an empiricist ;-0

fernando_g

Thanks Premelec, that is what I did, and find myself a bunch of errors which I have to manually correct one by one.

All I wanted to know if anyone had figured a shortcut or trick...plus any gotchas.

AllyCat

Hi,

I've never programmed anything less than an M2, and it may depend how well structured was the original program. But you might not need to do much more than change SYMBOL xxxx = 1 to SYMBOL xxxx = B.1, etc. ;)

If not, then it could be worth trying the PICAXE > Wizards > X2 conversion > Convert to 20X2 option in the PE{5} editor. That seems to get the pin names correct for a 20M2, but you may then need to look at ADC input/channel numbers, etc., if used.

Cheers, Alan.