ROSLYN : Expression to Picaxe Math converter

BESQUEUT

Last edited:

Buzby

Hi BESQUEUT,

I see you have had no replies to this post.

It could be because nobody has any idea what you are trying to show.

My interpetation is that ROSLYN is a programme that lets you write a programme that will check the construction of your target programme !.

If your target is a multi-million line C+ or java ( or whatever is the latest ) then I can see the effort needed to write the checker might be worthwhile.

But on a PICAXE the BASIC is so tightly constrained all I ever need is the syntax check tick-box on the ribbon.

Or have I missed something ?

Cheers,

Buzby

BESQUEUT

Hi BESQUEUT,

My interpetation is that ROSLYN is a programme that lets you write a programme that will check the construction of your target programme !.

If your target is a multi-million line C+ or java ( or whatever is the latest ) then I can see the effort needed to write the checker might be worthwhile.

But on a PICAXE the BASIC is so tightly constrained all I ever need is the syntax check tick-box on the ribbon.

Cheers,

Buzby
Thanks for your interest !
As this is a "work in progress" not having replies is not a problem. I have to write an "user guide" to explain :
- beginners usage : show how to convert "regular expressions" (IE with parenthesis and operator precedences) to acceptable Picaxe math,
- others users : help check code for potential caveats, by detecting potential underflows, overflows and zero divide,
- help optimize code with "subtil haha" some (like Hippy) have the secret.

How it work (looking at the screen copy) :
- top left is the "source" code
- top right is the Picaxe code automaticaly rewriten.
- bottom left if the "syntax tree" showing how expressions are decomposed (and some others infos...)
- bottom right are the Picaxe vars detected and min/max values for overflow checking.

Next step is to set a downloadable tool, so you can try it...

BESQUEUT

Hi BESQUEUT,

Just uploaded new version, with install and user manual. See post #1
Hope this will be more interesting...

Cheers, Buzby
Picaxe Math converter is not intended to check Picaxe syntax. PE6 is well for that...
Picaxe Math converter can write Picaxe code from regular expression (IE with brackets and operator precedence)

Last edited: