Continuos 360 servo: wheels inn opposite direction

jameswalker

Good morning! I am a teacher in a school, currently working on a lesson with 12yo. I am using Pixie 8 PICAXE 08M2 with 2 off 360deg servos to make a programmable vehicle. I am using picaxe editor and using Blockly to programme. I can program the servos to move continuously (i.e. to drive forward) however once mounted on the chassis the wheels go in opposite directions.

Is there a way (hopefully using blockly!) that I can rectify this?

Many thanks

James

Bill.b

Hi James

The value for operation of the servo is 75 to 225 with 150 the neutral postion (Servo Stop) increasing the value from 150 to 225 will cause the servo to rotate in one direction While decreasing the value form
150 to 75 will cause the servo to rotate in the opposite direction.

To drive the car forward of backward will have to insert a value greater the 150 for one servo and value less than 150 for the other servo.

Some experimenting with values may be required, including the stop value of 150. This will depend on the individual servos you are using.

regards Bill

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Are you using the servo motor blocks? This assumes the servos are arranged back to back (ie forwards is '150-speed' on one side and '150+speed' on the other).

CaptureServo.PNG

jameswalker

Great thanks Bill I have had a quick shot at testing and this works. I may find another question presents shortly!

Last edited:

jameswalker

Thanks tech support. This seems to download and run ok, however I am struggling to get a 2nd command in i.e. run forward delay 5000 run backward. How do you link commands?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks tech support. This seems to download and run ok, however I am struggling to get a 2nd command in i.e. run forward delay 5000 run backward. How do you link commands?
Blocks are just 'plugged together' to create a vertical sequence - Servo, Delay, Servo, Delay - and then dropped into a Do-Forever loop