Fix the GUI!

SolidWorksMagi

Hi,

I liked the older v5.5.5 GUI better. The new v6 GUI will not maintain the window shape/size I set so everytime I open up the program it opens up full screen which forces me to resize the GUI before I begin work.

Once we get the app setup for our computer screen, the app should remember those settings (Height, Width, x,y position on the screen.)

Another problem is that the new version keeps popping up a window to reset the chip version environment. The old v5.5.5 automatically used the chip version depicted in the programming code.

These two problems are wasting a lot of my time and not making productivity any better.

RoboGuts™ Intelligent content for 3D printing, a S.T.E.A.M. Education Program http://www.r2pv1.com/

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
PE6 uses workspaces, so setup a new workspace for each project and then open/close the workspace file rather than an individual basic .bas file when changing projects. The PICAXE type will then always be set correctly.

It is a different way of working but once you are used to it it is much more powerful as it also saves many other settings e.g. breakpoints, multiple open files etc. etc. in each workspace.

SolidWorksMagi

Hi,

When I open PE6 it opens into a different than how I left it window on my Windows 10 PC. I want it to be a tall narrow window so that I can have other apps open off to the two sides ... (e.g., NotePad, Phrase-A-Lator Devleopment) ... but every time I open PE6 sans it I have to take time to move it and reshape it on the desktop before I can get to work.

How I want it to open on my Win10 PC: PE6-ReSized.jpg

How it opens on my Win10 PC:

Another idea is having two .bas windows open side-by-side would be really helpful.

Attachments

Last edited: