Help with reprogramming the AXE134Y 18m2 software

sailgene

Hello all.

I've purchased, assembled and have had good luck with the Picaxe Serial OLED 20X4 display. It was easy changing the eeprom to display a different message on start-up. I would like to be able to set up a situation in which sending certain data from another picaxe to the on-board 18m2 would result in setting a pin (C.0, C.1 OR C.2) high.

But the program language for the OLED is beyond me. Assuming the 18m2 is dealing with parallel to serial interface, maybe that's why the confusion. I certainly can't find a pin which is sending data to the display unit while using the simulator. Sorry for my ignorance.

So, can anyone tell me where I would place any additional software in the program to react based on a particular Serin command (i.e., "Serin PinX, T2400_16, b0', "If b0 = 1 then goto Speaker, etc") and then how to simply set up a subroutine to set one of the spare output pins high?

Thanks for any help. I'd be happy to locate some reference material on the OLED which assists in reprogramming.

Gene

AllyCat

Hi,

Assuming the 18m2 is dealing with parallel to serial interface,...

where I would place any additional software in the program to react based on a particular Serin command...
I would call it a serial to parallel interface, but perhaps I'm being pedantic.

Be careful that any additions to the AXE134 software will slow it down, so you may need to add pauses in the "sending" PICaxe software to give reliable results. IMHO the AXE134 software is not structured for "easy" modification, so you might find this thread of interest (or not). ;)

Cheers, Alan.