Simulation an input

Man_in_uk

Hi,

I am trying to stimulate an input on C4 of an 18M2.
The datasheet is showing that it can be used as an input but a flowchart in Logicator will not let me stimulate it high like my other inputs.
I do have it set as 'I', well it cannot be set to 'O'.

I guess somewhere there might be a setting to tell it to not to act as a serial in?

UPDATE.
If I do not click 'run' to start the simulation program it will allow me to set the pin high and it turns yellow in the same way as my other inputs.
As soon as I start the program running, stimulating C4 seem to act like a reset on the logicator program itself. (hope that makes some sort of sense)

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
As soon as I start the program running, stimulating C4 seem to act like a reset on the logicator program itself. (hope that makes some sort of sense)
Yes; that's exactly how it works, as it would with a physical chip.

You need to issue a DISCONNECT before trying to use C.4 as an input otherwise it will simulate as if a download initiation had occurred on the Download Serial In and the PICAXE will reset.

Man_in_uk

Thanks for this.

I can see connect/disconnect in the simulation tool bar but clicking on the word 'disconnect' does not seem to cure anything.

What is the correct way to issue a disconnect?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The DISCONNECT flowchart command can be found in the Flowchart Command list in the Advanced section.