Sparky + Picaxe-08M2 (Usage Suggestions Appreciated)

mikeyBoo

Sparky Very Lo-Power Picaxe Invoker & Zombie Zapper

hi folks,
This is a very simple analog board that does a lot of stuff on it's own, but is also useful for waking up Picaxe boards to perform a specific task.
The standby current is very low (1uA @ 12v, 0.5uA @ 5v) so great for battery-powered projects.

Rather than try to explain in words what Sparky is used for, I decided to just put a few examples in the attached .pdf.
Sparky + Picaxe are essential tools for the Zombie Apocalypse (or worse yet, crazy ex-girlfriends).
Enjoy!

Note: here’s the link to the SR501 motion detector board I sometimes use with the Sparkys:
The old Sparky board is same size as the SR501 board. Rev C is slightly larger.
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?28233-Cheap-amp-Easy-Motion-Detectors-Night-Light-Controllers-(Picaxe-or-Stand-alone)

Sparky is the name of my (sadly deceased) buddy’s dog. Lew did the DipTrace layout for the original board. We couldn’t figure out what to call the board, so I said “Ah hell Lew, just name it after the dog”. When old guys drink & smoke cigars, stuff like that happens. I really miss Lew. Best fishing & projects buddy I ever had.

Attachments

Last edited: