Question about Pin and which Leg it is

RexLan

I need to use the ReadTemp with an 8M chip.

I have it connected to In-3 which is Leg 4.

The manual says for an 8M the command is not available on Pin 3 ... very confusing to me.

So - which is the Pin we are talking about?

Thanks

Greyling

I need to use the ReadTemp with an 8M chip.
Can you tell us if the chip is a 08M2 or 08M2+ or maybe the older 08M ?

To read the temp on C.3 try this:
readtemp C.3, b2
This reads from C.3 and sticks whatever it finds into the variable b2

Have you tried to use the Logicator program yet? It can be a big help sometimes.

RexLan

Please see Manual 1 page 27.

You need an In / Out pin

I'll leave you to work out which 3. : - )

e
Yep - read all that already. I guess I need to be in 3rd grade to understand what is perfectly clear as mud. Jeremy and I ran across a lot of that previously and had to use all sorts of notation to make decent notes. I'm sure there is a logical reason but ...

Makes sense that in 4 goes to 3 and in 3 goes to 4 ...

That makes my schematic wrong then as well ... lol

Thanks

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Makes sense that in 4 goes to 3 and in 3 goes to 4 ...
It's just one of those things. Leg numbering and pin naming never match - there is no leg zero - just that at the bottom left of the 8-pin chips the non-matching is more obvious, and it's sometimes easy to forget which one is talking about. Using the C.3 and C.4 naming it's not quite so bad.

Leg 3 = C.4, Input and/or Output
Leg 4 = C.3, Input only, doesn't support READTEMP

RexLan

It's just one of those things. Leg numbering and pin naming never match - there is no leg zero - just that at the bottom left of the 8-pin chips the non-matching is more obvious, and it's sometimes easy to forget which one is talking about. Using the C.3 and C.4 naming it's not quite so bad.

Leg 3 = C.4, Input and/or Output
Leg 4 = C.3, Input only, doesn't support READTEMP
I was using an 8M chip

Yep I get it and realistically it could never match I guess.

Now I see I am out of pins so the whole thing will not work with an 8M chip. Adding the relay or the FET threw a wrench into things.