Notes on the Viso PICAXE Controlite Kit

Thanks to
The LDR is analogue input C.1, the LEDs are outputs C.0, C.2 and C.4 and the press button is digital input C.3. The LEDs are doubled-up (two of each colour on the same port).
and others for help on this, I thought it might be useful to others if I posted the circuit diagram for the AXE901 board having reverse engineered it (a bit OTT, sorry) to assist with programming.

It's a really useful little board for experimenting with and getting to know the PICAXE system, and at only £1 each (+VAT & P&P, 10x) is currently very reasonably priced.

Although the 08 micro is somewhat outdated and doesn't have the relative sophistication of the 08M2+, it's still useful for doing quite a range of things, and having the 0.1" pitch set of contacts for C.0, C.1, C.3 and the supplies, allows other things to be easily connected as well, but note that the hole sizes for these contacts aren't big enough for a standard 5-pin header.

Attachments

stevesmythe

Good job Hairy Animal Designs! I'm sure that will help someone in the future.

My eyesight is too poor to check the device myself, but is R11 really 10k? As part of the standard download circuit, that resistor would normally be 22k.

My eyesight is too poor to check the device myself, but is R11 really 10k? As part of the standard download circuit, that resistor would normally be 22k.
Yes, I noted that as well and rechecked it. I assumed that it was lower than normal because the supply is only 3V.