Viso PICAXE Controlite Kit

While buying some other stuff from the PICAXE store I got a few of these 'badges' at the bargain price they're currently going for, but I can't find any information on them anywhere in any of the PicAxe forums, or other websites.

Does anyone have any details on them please? It doesn't look as though the PIC (12F629?) on the board is a PicAxe and therefore isn't programmable via the normal software?

Thanks.

stevesmythe

The Picaxe chip on board is an 08. It is still programmable by the Picaxe Editor and Blockly for Picaxe (PE6 version).

darb1972

Only the most recent generation of PICaxe chips are labeled to match their PICaxe identity. To identify previous versions please refer to page 16 of the first PICaxe manual "PICaxe Labels".

Are there any details anywhere as to the circuit diagram or at least some idea of how six LEDs, a push-button and an LDR are controlled by a micro with at most, six I/Os please?

stevesmythe

The LDR is analogue input C.1, the LEDs are outputs C.0, C.2 and C.4 and the press button is digital input C.3. The LEDs are doubled-up (two of each colour on the same port).