LEGO Boost

LegoBoost17101

Hello,

I bought a Lego Boost set and wanted to work with it from py PC.

I started out with bying/installing the "BLED112"
Then I installed the "S2Bot" software, version v0.8.1.
Next step was to create a user on Scratch.
As final step I have installed "Scratch 2 Offline Editor"

Then I start up "2SBot" and "Scratch 2 Offline Editor"
Write some small testcode in the editor and go to "File"/"Share to website" where I then use my user credentials.
After which I get a "Success", "Your project has been uploaded..."
(This hoping to avoid any confusion with working with the online/offline editor, if it's a good practice or not I don't know)

When "S2Bot" is started up, I select "LEGO Boost"
Start the LEGO Boost by pressing the green button (the LED has colour blue)

In "S2Bot" I then push the button "Scan for devices"
Here, marked in green, it says "LEGO Move Hub 001653AC24DB" and then push the button "Close"
Now I'm back in the main screen and here I get 2 notifications:
1) Boost move hub is not connected: red LED
2) Scratch is not connected: red LED

This seems weird to me as I did find the hub via a scan and
as I also started the Scratch editor both online/offline and published the offline project to the Scratch website.

Does anyone can help me in getting started?
Where did I go wrong?

PS would somebody have a nice overview of the hub's LED colour and related status? And also how many secs I need to push the green button to activate a status?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Frederic

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
In "S2Bot" I then push the button "Scan for devices"
Here, marked in green, it says "LEGO Move Hub 001653AC24DB" and then push the button "Close"
You need to click on the "Lego Move Hub" to select that device for use.

There may be a list of devices shown and at this stage you are selecting which to use. Close without selecting a device does exactly that.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
As S2Bot is our product we are quite happy for questions about it to be asked here. As Hippy says, click on the actual device in the list (even if it is the only device in the list) to connect and enable it. In schools it is common for many hubs in a room to be shown - the students have to select the one they are using via the identification serial number.

LegoBoostUser

I'm seeing this problem too. The connection dialogue gets a green line but I still get a red light back in the main screen. How did you fix it?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
You need to click on the green line to select/connect that device. This is because, in a classroom, you may see more than one device advertising and so you need to actively choose the device you want to use.