Multiple names in input/output table

Technoman

Hi,

We are using PE6 6.0.9.3 - Blockly programming.

On the same output (B.6 - 20M2) of a board, a piezo buzzer and a LED are connected.

Is there a way to have two differents names for the same output? E.g. LED_R and BUZZER

To avoid student's confusion like emitting a sound on a LED (single name).

A name like LED/BUZZER is a midway solution, but a double alias would be better.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
There is no option for multiple names for a single I/O pin. I would suggest that having two separate names could be more confusing than not, that a single "LED/BUZZER" or "LED_BUZZER" name would actually be most appropriate.

Technoman

@hippy

Thanks for your reply.

An other point : it would be great having the defined names printed on the pins of the chip in the simulation panel. Most of the time, our students use a input/output table set up by a teacher, rarely now, the port.pin notation.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I imagine the greatest difficulty would be in getting defined names into the simulator image without them being too small, making the simulator panel too big, cluttered or confusing.

In PE6 that could work if the simulation panel were placed at the top or bottom of the screen but I do not believe there is the option for doing that with the native Blockly Apps.

I will add it as a feature request and we can see what comes of that.

Technoman

It would be an useful feature.

The color code, grey(off)/yellow(on) on input and grey(off)/green(on) on output, is not always well understood by some students.
I would suggest adding 0 or 1 within the small square figuring a pin (digital input/output). It would bring more clarity. Setting an analogue value would use an other color with no digit.

20M2 simulation panel.PNG

Last edited: