Software 6 problems

Lamtron

Having issues with the windows 6 picaxe software for windows.Installation states complete but when I go to open it is sends me back to the Install shield wizard.

oracacle

right click the icon and select properties, under the general tab what does it say as a description?

oracacle

that is the installer.
If you are using windows 10 hit start and type "picaxe" and that will should bring up the software.
failing that it should be under "Revolution Education" in the start menu

Lamtron

Ok found download in my active apps.
I am running windows 8.1 so I need to down load usb cable drivers.
If you are using windows 10 hit start and type "picaxe" and that will should bring up the software.
failing that it should be under "Revolution Education" in the start menu[/QUOTE]

Lamtron

Ok found download in my active apps.
I am running windows 8.1 so I need to down load usb cable drivers.
failing that it should be under "Revolution Education" in the start menu
[/QUOTE]

Ok never had so many problems installing drivers. Need help followed instructions for windows 7/8 installation. I don't see anything happening. When to picaxe site downloaded aex027 usb cable driver and nothing. What amI doing wrong please help.

Lamtron

OK trying to install usb driver cable on my windows 8.1 pc. Following the installation for Windows 7/8 after download I see in my devices and printers it has a yellow triangle. I continue on with setup results are message back that drivers for this device are not found. Code 28. No compatible drivers for this device. Search online and still nothing. Can only download cable driver when cable is connected to pc still nothing.

inglewoodpete

Ok never had so many problems installing drivers. Need help followed instructions for windows 7/8 installation. I don't see anything happening. When to picaxe site downloaded aex027 usb cable driver and nothing. What amI doing wrong please help.
The first thing that you are doing wrong is not telling forum members what you have done. It's hard for us to help when we're 'in the dark'.

Since (I think) you have already plugged the AXE027 cable into your computer, the Windows driver preinstaller won't work.

So you will need to download and unpack the axe027.zip file. Then open Windows Device Manager under Control Panel. When you plug the AXE027 cable in, you should see a new entry in the list of devices. Open "Properties" for the new device and update the driver from the unpacked one from the zip file. Take notes in case it doesn't work for you: then you can tell us what did or did not happen.

erco

Lamtron: Welcome and greetings from the USA. Please confirm that you are using Rev-Ed's AXE027 cable? This is the first time you have used it with this Win8 computer? For sure, the first step is to get the right driver installed. Is this a desktop or laptop? Any chance it has a real serial port on it? Sounds silly, but the last Win10 desktop I bought was a Fry's HP refurb. Has a real serial port in back and easy internal connections for a parallel port. Crazy.