​ ​ ​ ​ One Bluetooth transceiver with two 18M2 chips?

Thread: One Bluetooth transceiver with two 18M2 chips?

Default One Bluetooth transceiver with two 18M2 chips?

Hi Folks,

A quick question, please!

With the 18M2, can 2 chips share one serial output from a Bluetooth transceiver?

Thanks!

Take care, Joe.

For the serial-out from the BT module just make sure you have the grounds all connected together and I don't see any reason why it wont work.
    Serial-in the BT module is going to give you troubles unless you use diodes in the serial-out pins on the 18M2.
    ~stelios

Hi Stelios,

Thanks for the reply and info! I only use the BT transceiver for one way traffic to the 18M2. That solves a lot of issues since I can always use more outputs or additional PWM pins. And I feel comfortable with the 18M2 chip.

Take care, Joe.

Technical Support

As steliosm says; received data from a BT module taken to multiple PICAXE input pins should be perfectly okay with all 0V's connected together. It would be recommended to put current limiting resistors on the serial input pins in case any PICAXE input inadvertently becomes an output. 1K would probably be fine -

Code:
                   ___    .--------------.
    .-------.  .--|___|-->|In  PICAXE #1 |
    |     In|  |          `--------------'
    | BT    |  |   ___    .--------------.
    |    Out|--^--|___|-->|In  PICAXE #2 |
    `-------'             `--------------'

Hi Hippy,

Thanks for the info, warning and the schematic. I like to be careful! I've been away from my Picaxe projects for a while and this idea flew into my head, but I figured I was missing some critical issue.

Take care, Joe.

Yo Joe: I tried that with a pair of 08M2s a few months back and everything worked as expected (receive only).

You turned many of us onto RoboRemo a year or so ago, thanks for that reconfigurable app. Super, great for techies.

I've done a few BT projects for clients lately using Blue Control. It's a simple, free Android-only app which is NOT user configurable, just download & go. No settings to modify, accidental or otherwise. Better for non-tech clients from my experience, they can't get into trouble, plus they can easily download onto other devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...econtrol&hl=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3npXpqmQuwI

Hi Erco,

Thanks for the info on the app and the link to your vids! I'll look into it. Many buttons to work with!

Take care, Joe.