By8001-16p

1968neil

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get the serial connection working with the BY8001-16P Mp3 module with an 20M2

I've duplicated the demo basic program from the SPE035 set up, all the files are in the correct folder on the SD card and i still can get no joy.
I have removed the resistors on the module and refitted them to check that the module works with switches and it does.
It has to be a software issue ? am i missing something by using the 20M2, perhaps baud rate etc ?

Regards
Neil

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
You are using a different PICAXE to what the AXE171 uses, a different module to the DFPlayer Mini which comes with the SPE035 kit, using your own hardware, and presumably modified software - It could be anything in that mix which is not quite right.

I would personally have started with the AXE171 kit and got that working. Swapped to the BY8001 module, checked that worked, then swapped to using a 20M2 and updated the software.

Perhaps post details of your circuit and wiring and your source code so members can check to see if there are any mismatches.

Details of how any resistors or links were on the BY8001 module and how they now are may also help.

It should not be a baud rate issue because the software specifies what the baud rate should be but that may depend on how you have modified the software. My initial guess is it is more likely to be that the I/O pins have not been reassigned correctly.

1968neil

Thanks for the reply,
I have ordered the SPE035 kit so as you say i can start with the DF player and swap over.
I wanted to use the BY8001 as i had a few laying around that i bought a year or so back.

I have it set up with the resistors removed giving me a 111 (serial mode) setting and i used the basic program from the spe035 data sheet.
I have changed the pins to suit the 20M2 (B.7 for TX out and B.6 for RX), i can see the Received data in terminal, so something is happening ?
I have a 1k resistor in Tx to Rx from 20m2 to Mp3 module
I have also swapped the module with a new one set up exactly the same to no avail.

Regards
Neil

Code:
Symbol TX = B.7
Symbol RX = B.6
Symbol BUSY_PIN = pinC.2
Symbol BAUD_FREQ = M8
Symbol BAUD = T9600_8
Symbol cmd = b0
Symbol arg = w1 ; b3:b2
Symbol arg.lsb = b2
Symbol arg.msb = b3
High TX ; set TX pin high for idle high serial
Pause 2000
SerTxd("Starting", CR, LF )
SerTxd("Select microSD Card", CR, LF )
cmd = $09 : arg = $0002 : Gosub Send
Pause 4000
SerTxd("Play MP3 folder song 0001.mp3", CR, LF )
cmd = $12 : arg = 0001 : Gosub Send
Pause 1000
Stop
Send:
 SetFreq BAUD_FREQ
 Pause 10
 SerOut TX, BAUD, ( $7E, $FF, $06, cmd, $00, arg.msb, arg.lsb, $EF )
 SetFreq MDEFAULT
 Return