Questions about WiFi communication with a microbot

OneofLast

Forgive me everyone I'm just a mere student with an ambition to learn how to create a stand out project for my final year of school.

I was just wondering if it was even possible to send commands from a computer to your microbot (I don't even know what sort of program I'd use for that) then have the microbot send a pre coded replay back when the command has been executed.

Please be gentle.
Even a vague tutorial would be nice.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

External sensors and indicators can be connected to the MicroBot. For example it is possible to connect an IR sensor and control the MicroBot from a suitable IR remote. It can also be fitted with visible or IR LED to send out information.

In the same way it can be controlled by an IR remote it could be controlled by other wireless means and instructed by a computer rather than manually controlled.

With the right hardware interface a MicroBot can probably be controlled by 433MHz radio, Bluetooth or WiFi.

I don't believe there's a comprehensive tutorial on doing this for the MicroBot but it could be done and there may be relevant postings on the forum and PICAXE community members may be able to help or advise with that.