​ ​ ​ ​ auto camera pointing - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: auto camera pointing

OK, so you swapped the stepper motor to a DC gearmotor? Good change. You need a SLOW gearmotor (at least 100:1) so you can turn on your motor H-bridge with a high command, then immediately check your sensors as your are moving, then stop the motor when your sensors say centered. You won't need PID if everything moves fairly slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Satchid View Post
    Erco,
    Thanks for warning me.

Then, I would like to use 2 of them with a beacon instead of using the laser.

I wouls put a plate about 20 cm long, Then on both sides of tha plate a laser sensor (laser switched of) and then an IR beacon maximum 4meters away. the received sigal would then be compared in the picaxe and the camera is then turned to corespond.

BUT, I read somwhere in one of your many projects that the receiver was not responding to a other IR. You mentioned something of 180Khz or so.

Should I modulate the beacon to that frecuency in order to be received by the receiver?

Can I use that allso to make my IR LED pulsed in order to send high curent to the laser to incerase the light intensity?

Thanks,

Willy
    Erco, I was wondering for wat you have to say about this.

Not sure I understand. You want to use two laser sensors with no laser separatd d by a plate to detect an IR beacon? Where did that idea come from? What beacon? I'd just use two simple 38 khz IR receivers to detect a 38 kHz IR beacon.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't bother with any of these lasers, IRs, beacons, baffles, etc.

If your camera is following a pre-programmed route, then a bit of trig will give you the direction to point the camera at each position on the route.

Pre-calculate the points beforehand, then just play them back.

Cheers,

Buzby

Default two simple 38 khz IR receivers to detect a 38 kHz IR beacon

Quote Originally Posted by erco View Post
    Not sure I understand. You want to use two laser sensors with no laser separatd d by a plate to detect an IR beacon? Where did that idea come from? What beacon? I'd just use two simple 38 khz IR receivers to detect a 38 kHz IR beacon.
    Erco, That Is exactly wat I wanted to do. But I have wrongly purchased these waveshare laser sensors modules, I wanted to use the sensor alone in the configuration that you described (in stead of the two simple 38 khz IR receivers). But allso that is not going to work because i found out that these receivers are only giving a digital signal. 0 and 1.

So I am now going to try it with two simple 38 khz IR photo transistors to detect a 38 kHz IR beacon as you sugest. Ill let you know.

Willy

You want 3-pin black or metal IR receiver modules, not phototransistors. If your IR beacon is sending a steady (unmodulated) 38 kHz IR carrier then you need "continuous signal compatible" 38 khz receiver modules. Most aren't. Get some TSSP4038 modules: https://www.vishay.com/docs/82458/tssp40.pdf . They go low and stay low when a steady 38 khz signal is received. Others will only go low for a quarter second or so.

For ordinary receiver modules, you need a modulated IR beacon signal, and your receivers will have to COUNT pulses to verify detection. Schematic attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images