Multiple

Technoman

Hi,

I just install the latest version of PE6.

• Is it possible to have two differents versions (6.0.8.11 & 6.0.9.3) of PE6 in two different folders
  • Opening a new Blockly I got a page "Atlassian Bit bucket" :confused: Is it an ad?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Is it possible to have two differents versions (6.0.8.11 & 6.0.9.3) of PE6 in two different folders
Possibly is the best I could say. If you end up with two versions which require different version libraries which would be put in the same place ( in the system folders rather than application folder ) you could have an issue; "DLL Hell" as it has sometimes been called.

The question would be why you would want two different versions ?

Opening a new Blockly I got a page "Atlassian Bit bucket" :confused: Is it an ad?
Not an intended one. Is it repeatable or was it just a one-off ? What sort of "page" was it ?

Technoman

... why you would want two different versions ?
We've got 6.0.8.11 at school and It will not be updated before autumn. I'd like to test the latest version before that date.

About the "Atlassian Bit Bucket", here a screen copy attached. It happens every time!
I recently had some trouble with web redirection (Weevah2...). It was fixed. Is there a possible relation?Bitbucket.png

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The best way to handle 6.0.8.11 and 6.0.9.3 may be to keep the installation .exe's of each and then remove and install as desired.

It could be that web redirection is messing with Blockly. If you go into the Options menu, under Diagnostics, what does the "Blockly" text box at the bottom of that page contain ?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The Blockly text box under diagnostics should be empty. It looks like you have an old link to a beta demo / test version enabled. Simply delete all text in that box and save the settings and restart.

Technoman

Thanks.

After deleting the old link, it's fine.

Is that link be present in a next installation of PE6 or is it because a file is remaining somewhere on this particular pc?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
It is not in the installer. We suspect you had an old test version while doing some translation work at some point in the past?