LoRA modules data sheet ?

bobladell

Hi - many thanks. I have this datasheet but it doesn't apply to the module I have - which has the Semtech SX1278 on the Tx section and an STM chip on the interface board. The STM chip data says it is a fairly powerful Atmel core (Arduino look alike dev board) which I presume has been pre-programmed to drive the SPI interface on the 1278 but present a 3v TTL interface to the user, which should be nice and easy to use ................... hopefully.

All I need is a long range transparent serial link, which this looked like it would provide. Can't find the interface spec anywhere so far.

Thanks again

srnet

It might provide a UART serial interface by default, but likely at maximum module power of 100mW, which makes it illegal for UK ISM band Licence exempt use, max allowed power is 10mW. You also need to keep the duty cycle down to 10%.

If the seller of the device cannot provide the link to the datasheet do you really want to buy it ?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
From the links the interface is said to be "SPI". Without manufacturer part number details it might be hard to find a datasheet.