Flowing LEDs on a stairway ..better idea?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
maybe if/next stair project some pro here could make it work
Excellent work on getting how far you have, and never worry if it isn't as absolutely amazing as you might have liked.

Something doing something is always far better than having something which would be great if only if it did anything :)

The beauty of software projects is that they can tweaked and twiddled with indefinitely. Just remember to take a backup of the program you have, burn that along with your circuit diagram and wiring guide, to a well labelled CD/DVD and put it somewhere safe so you can always go back to what was working.

newplumber

lbenson said:
Woodwork is my job
Thats a good job to have...I'm glad i took the video far away :) (joking)

hippy said:
The beauty of software projects is that they can tweaked and twiddled with indefinitely
That is why I became a picaxe hobbyist from my first blinking a led ...and thanks hippy

David HK

At the age of 70 I have given up dabbling in electronics and mostly read the forum threads on a daily basis.

However, this thread and the lights on the staircase is probably the most fascinating project I have seen in many years. It really is magnificent.

Unfortunately it has set my mind thinking with an idea which I shall not be able to follow, but other forumites might be able to develop with with an expansion of thoughts.

Would and could this lighting system be incorporated into a home burglar alarm system and if so (using CCTV and audio etc) what could it achieve? Is it a workable idea?

Old Dave

The bear

Young Dave,
There are a lot of mature people on this forum, still in possession of their brains.
If your burglars are wealthy and move around in light aircraft, you could construct a illuminated airstrip, obviously with a very short runway, terminating
in something unpleasant.
Go for it!
Regards, bear..

newplumber

Would and could this lighting system be incorporated into a home burglar alarm system and if so (using CCTV and audio etc) what could it achieve? Is it a workable idea?
Hi David the reason why my stair leds turned out so nice is because I started out with a led and picaxe pros/forums gave me the rest
And anything is possible with great people here being your friend ... I mean since they can help me...they can help anybody which mostly do
I thought when you reach retirement age+ you use your grand kids to do the hard work and you just type code and schematics..and bingo the project is done
I guess I don't know what idea you have for like flowing leds with a burglar system .... and even if i did know..I probably wouldn't be very much help but i am getting good at reading forums :)
I think the worst mistake a person can make is wasting time complaining what they should of done.

So I'm with The bear.... go for it! +1