Barcode Wizard

Greyling

I can't seem to find any information about how to use the barcode wizard. Can anyone tell me what this is for?
Does it require a piece of hardware that I do not have?
I have searched for info but have found nothing. Thanks

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I believe it is simply a tool to create bar codes and QR codes. Select the type of code to create, enter the text / number / value which the code is required to represent. The copy button copies the image so it can be pasted into another document or image.

Once the image is on screen, in a document, or printed out, it can then be scanned by anything which can scan and decode it, such as a mobile phone app, or a barcode scanner.

As to why it's there ... I am afraid that's something I have forgotten.

Greyling

Is the idea to have the picaxe make use of the info in some way? I guess I don't understand how it relates to the picaxe.
Can the picaxe display the image of the Q code somehow?
Can you point me to any examples of the bar/Q codes in action?
Thanks

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Is the idea to have the picaxe make use of the info in some way?
No. Bar codes generation is not directly related to PICAXE use.

Added : Though perhaps more the case; not directly related to most PICAXE use. If one has a PICAXE project which reads serial from a bar code scanner, it is a convenient way to generate bar codes to be scanned to check things are working as expected.

Can you point me to any examples of the bar/Q codes in action?
If you have a mobile phone which can scan and decode QR codes, the following should identify the URL of this thread and, for some phones, scanning will open a browser showing this thread -

BARCODE.jpg

So if I wanted to attract people to this thread that way I could include the QR code in documents, on posters, stickers etc.

Added : Does anyone remember Barcode Battler ? It should be possible to create a PICAXE equivalent of that, if that took one's fancy -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode_Battler

Last edited: