UNABLE TO INSERT jpeg image or include an attachment on a new thread

When I try to insert an image on a new thread, things work until I click UPLOAD then nothing happens.
The same thing happens when I try to attach a file.

Last edited:

inglewoodpete

I'm testing to see if I can attach a jpg file in a reply to your thread. I'm using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Home/64bit.

Hmm, for the first time ever, my upload attempt failed. The blue progress bar showed the upload 'happened' but then it just hung but no buttons or links to press. I had to click 'X' (top right) to get anything to happen after that.

When I reattempt to upload a file, the dialogue appears with the file already named and the progress bar at 100% but no button to press.

westaust55

I too have occasionally had a time in recent months when a file could not be uploaded.
Seems to be for files that were larger but still within the size limits.
Have successfully attached the PICAXE logo file here.

PICAXE Logo.png

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We are aware of the issue and are working on it. However it is not a simple fix as it involves setting up new forum software / virtual server.

pxgator

@Technical

Possibly something else...the upload files dialog says that unused files will be deleted within
one hour if they are not used. This doesn't seem to be working...files are not deleted??

erco

It's been slow lately, so that big files will time out. I attached a small pic here as a test.

The 500 KB photo took a while. It stalled at 30% during the upload for a minute then resumed. Once it resumed, upload speed was pretty fast.

Attachments