PE6 Live Simulate

GrahamGo

I have a question.

I installed PE6 the other day I am using version 6.0.9.2, I just checked for an update, and it says that I am up to date. My question is about the Simulate - Connect to real-life Picaxe. It says that this is currently disabled in this beta version.

I have searched the Forum but cannot find anything about this. Is there a date planned when this feature could become available?

Actually I did find this from HIPPY 6/9/2012 Quote. There is the "Live ICE" function of Logicator. Use Simulate -> Connect (Live ICE) then Simulate -> Run. Unquote.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
"Live ICE" is a current capability of Logicator but a future capability for PE6. There is no date set for its availability in PE6.

GrahamGo

Thanks, out of curiosity I installed Logicator. It seems incredibly similar to PE6, only the UI is slightly different. However, I tried "Live ICE" and get exactly the same ...disabled in beta.... message. Maybe I have to remove PE6? Anyway, it is more of a curiosity than a need!

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks, out of curiosity I installed Logicator ... However, I tried "Live ICE" and get exactly the same ...disabled in beta.... message.
Are you sure you actually have and ran Logicator, that it wasn't an "Invalid PICAXE type" error message ?

GrahamGo

Are you sure you actually have and ran Logicator, that it wasn't an "Invalid PICAXE type" error message ?
On closer inspection I can see that my Logicator UI does not look quite like the one in the Obsolete - Logicator for PICAXE section. I downloaded and installed the one titled Logicator for PICAXE 6 (approx 92MB). I see that there is an older one called Logicator for PICAXE Installer (Old Version 3.7.0 (approx 40MB) for XP, Vista, 7, 8)

I did not try that one, as I am on W10.

I attach a screen shot of Logicator overlaying PE6

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I attach a screen shot of Logicator overlaying PE6 ...

[IMG]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Lwyevu9nBUVXYtT3pJWnJZTms/view?usp=sharing[/IMG]
For me there was nothing showing as an image, though I could see the link when I replied and can see the image when I copy and paste that into my browser.

What you have there is "PE6", and "PE6 working in flowchart/Logicator mode", both PE6 version 6.0.9.2, not the old "Logicator" version 3.7.0 which you have now found.

The "Live ICE" only works with the old Logicator.

GrahamGo

Aah, thanks, I see that the PE6 Logicator that I installed has been removed from the Obsolete section. But within the Obsolete - Logicator for Picaxe there is some text that tells me to use the new version in PE6. It looks like I am a few weeks too early?

How does one correctly remove Logicator for PE 6 (Toolbar) ?

Off subject. There appears to be a problem uploading images, I have tried from two PC's using Chrome and MS Edge and both fail, see image. Which somehow did get uploaded after many attempts. Insert URL version seems Ok, using Dropbox

Insert image.PNG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7we8esd83zzvns/Logicator.PNG?dl=0

Last edited: