a huge line follower

Satchid

Dear ones who helped me before.

I need to make a litle moviclip of something that is hard to do out of hand. I need to do 3 clips +- exactly the same track so that it can be set on top of each other to form the endresult

Therefore I toaught of a linefolowing carage whereon the trypod with a camera would stand.

The carage would follow the line every time again and therefore make a reasonable same track.

So, I want to use 2 steppermotors that will drive the wheels and then a trailer wheel to keep everything in ballance.

I have no problem making the platform with the drive and al that is needed to do the job. The platform is like 1.1m triangular. So there is more than enough space for controle material.

The speed of the camera move will be 1meter / 3 to 6 seconds. the track is ALLMOST straigt

I read alot about line following robots, but all of them are small. I could not find one with steppermotors. I am planning to use size 23 ungeared motors because I have the at hand. I plan to use belts to drive the wheels.

Now is there anibody that knows of sutch a design, preferably with a picaxe?

Thank you,

Willy.

Blgium

I

stan74

"I need to do 3 clips +- exactly the same track so that it can be set on top of each other to form the endresult" Er? How do you do that?
I don't think the 3 videos will be the same on a "dolly",even with camera stabilisation. If you've made your mind up though,I could post some code for a stepper or 2. Others to.

Satchid

bot110

Well Stan indeed the stabilization will be a problem. But I still want tp go ahaid with the above.
I Purchased a bot110 with free included free line follower bot111. That should get me going for the line following part. But the motors are of caurse to small. As I could read, the robot outputs a pulse to the motor. This is ok for me becouse mi steppermotor modules work on input pulses. But will the amount of pulses be enough. Is this al right?
Thank you all.
Willy

Steve2381

Just throwing it out there..... our company uses a drone with HD camera for out effects footage and the accuracy of the camera panning is amazing. If you program in the course and panning, it flies it pretty damn close every time.
We often program the drones to do 'fly overs' of our pyrotechnic setups and they have to be pretty accurate.
The stabilisation is pretty perfect.

Only problem you will have is if you are recording sound as well (although your line follower will have to be super quiet as well)

Satchid

Stan74,
I have done things like this before, I use steppermotors than I program the track in speed and distance. As soon as I am satisfied with the track, then I run the track from the program 3 times with a new (in this case statick) image to be filmed. The previuous shots that I made where done on a programed image movement on a track, the camera whas statick then.
To All, Thank you
I am putting another quastion in another thread.

Willy