Touch problem on 08M2

Yessir

Hello

I am having some problems with Touch16 command on an 08M2 chip. I am using all the pins on the chip including pin c.5 as a digital input from an external switch. (I use the Disconnect command after the program starts to ensure pin c.5 works correctly). If the external switch is open and pin c.5 is held low by the 10k resistor then the Touch16 command works OK. However, if the external switch is closed and pin c.5 input is high then the Touch16 command stops working. I have tried connecting the touch sensor to all the other touch pins on the chip but the same problem occurs. The manual does refer to problems using a long serial download cable - am I experiencing the same issue with a digital input??

Yessir

The completed circuit actually sits inside a model boat and is used to control a home made smoke generator (actually a modified nebuliser unit). The switch I am referring to is a simple micro switch operated by a servo which pulls the pin high when the micro switch is closed. This is the main on / off switch so that the smoke generator can be switched remotely when in the model.

Yessir

I think I have now solved this one.

If pin c.5 is held high when the Picaxe chip is switched on the program does not appear to run. If pin c.5 is held low when the chip is switched on and I wait a few seconds before closing the switch to make pin c.5 high then the program works OK. I think the Picaxe is trying to check for a new program download at switch on but not suceeding if pin c.5 is already held high.