Staying "Logged In" for longer

darb1972

Hi All

Maybe this belongs in the "sandbox" but I doubt anyone would visit and read this post if I placed it there.

I log into the forum using two devices. Usually either via my tablet or my laptop. Once logged in on my tablet I seem to basically stay permanently logged in (which is great). On my laptop, once I log in I am lucky if I can finish a post before I am automatically logged back out again. This is a bit annoying as once I write a post (particularly if it's a long one) I have to remember to copy the text, otherwise, unbeknown to myself I am automatically logged out in the background and if I'm not careful I can lose my post content.

Does anyone know how to overcome this issue? My laptop is a modern unit. Windows 10. I usually use Firefox as a browser. Maybe it's a setting in Firefox? Has anyone come across this issue? Even if the Forum must log me out, I would prefer it does this in, say, an hour after logging in. At this point in time the log out seems to happen in a matter of minutes, although I haven't timed it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards
Brad

westaust55

I find the same situation applies. Same occurred with win XP, 7 and 10 using Firefox Mozilla.
Do you click the remember me when you log in on the laptop/PC.
I find that does seem to extend the period before logout.

darb1972

I find the same situation applies. Same occurred with win XP, 7 and 10 using Firefox Mozilla.
Do you click the remember me when you log in on the laptop/PC.
I find that does seem to extend the period before logout.
Hello Westy

I am not sure if I've clicked that in the past. I am about to head out on service calls for the day (wish I could stay at home and play with PICaxe instead). I'll have a look at this tonight.

Thanks for the tip.

Regards
Brad