Accuracy of a Countdown Timer and the refresh rate for an AXE131Y/AXE133Y

darb1972

Hi All

I am researching products for a new project. At the moment, I’m “spit balling” to ensure I don’t start a project only to find that one or more components aren’t suitable, or, my concept and hardware structure is flawed in any way.

In a nutshell, the project will consist of multiple countdown timers (at least 2, possibly 3). Each countdown timer will have a display. The project is a love job for my daughters Netball club. At any one time, there can be multiple “grade” games in progress so I want each timer to create a unique tone to indicate quarter, half and full times. The quarters are either 15mins or 10mins (depending on the grade). When a timing period is done, a tone will be generated to feed to the PA (Public Address) system.

While timing accuracy isn’t super critical, it would be nice to think that the countdown timer can be accurate to within a few seconds over a 15min stretch.

At this point in time I am planning on using either an AXE131Y or an AXE133Y for each timing/display module. In addition to this, I am planning on using a Master PICAXE (via an I2C bus) to handle the keyboard strokes, generate the tones to the PA system (and monitor for clashes with the countdown timers and manage conflicts) and handle triggers from each of the timer modules.

So, my first batch of questions to the forum is based on timing. Am I likely to get more accurate timing from using the 1Hz Pulse Out from installing the DSxxxx RTC on an AXE131Y/AXE133Y or is it more accurate to use something like the TIME variable within the Master PICAXE? If I was to use the TIME variable within the Master PICAXE, would this PICAXE will only be able to track one countdown at any one time? If so, I gather that rules out using the Master for this function as it also has to monitor keystrokes and perform other tasks as mentioned above.

My second question relates to communications between PICAXEs. I was thinking of using I2C to monitor the slaves (18M2 on the AXE displays). I gather this would mean continual polling of the slaves to see if a countdown has finished. Is this considered a sound move or should I maybe not use the I2C at all and rely solely on letting the 18M2 generate some form of interrupt to the Master?

My third and final question relates to the AXE131Y/133Y “refresh” rates. According to the (limited) research I have done so far, it appears that I will only be able to “update” the AXE displays around once every 1000ms or so. Is that correct? I would really like to display the countdown in minutes and seconds. For example xx:xx (mm:ss). Is it considered feasible to do this with the AXE displays or is updating this often considered too fast and therefore not really possible???

I am confident that overall this project is a really good fit for PICAXE, but, I would appreciate some feedback and opinions from the forum before I move forward.

Thanks.

Regards,

Brad.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Why do you need / prefer a master system rather than three separate standalone timers ?

What are these "keyboard strokes" you mention ?

I am not familiar with netball but imagine there are provisions for stoppages, for injuries and timeouts, so any central module handling multiple games could be quite complicated compared to having separate timers controlling one game. One loses the 'I'll just stop my code here until a button is pushed' option when having to also handle other things.

In my mind the simpler the better, and any notions of saving a few cents on only having one DSxxxx chip and similar is false economy.

I reckon you could build a timer per court using just an AXE133Y though you might need to link the OLED to the control board by wire to allow 4-bit mode and the connection of a DS1307 or similar and buttons. I really don't think you will have a problem with display update rates.

darb1972

Hello Hippy

Thanks for the reply. I'll elaborate further so the idea makes more sense.

On any given match day, there are multiple (and synchronous) matches running for a given grade. The timing of this match is 1st Quarter runs for 15mins, then a 3min break, 2nd Quarter runs for 15mins, then a 5min half time break, the 3rd Quarter runs for 15mins, then a 3min break, followed by the last Quarter for 15mins. Intertwined with this can often be another (younger) grade that runs on different timing. The same format as before but with only 10min Quarters. Sometimes (but not often) they run a third match.

The reason I wanted to have a master system was to (among other things) ensure that two tones are NOT sent to the PA system simultaneously. A user could start matches at different times and this could cause a clash with tones sent to the PA system. If that did occur, one tone could be delayed by a few seconds to avoid a clash. The other function for the master was for keystrokes. Things like start/pause/stop and maybe a reset. I also thought about adding additional buttons to allow the user to set their own Quarter times and breaks. Obviously this adds complication so I have to consider if this is worth the effort.

I am all for simple too but feel I need to ensure that individual timers don't clash on the same PA system.

I never suggested using only one DSxxxx chip. I'm never lousy when it comes to design (regardless of whether it's a love job or otherwise) and I use whatever is necessary to get the job done. I was only curious to see how accurate the 1Hz Pulse Out might be over, say, a 15min period. I would use 3 x AXE133Y modules ALL fitted with the appropriate DSxxxx RTC. I thought a master could handle the key stokes and prevent PA system clashes.

I would prefer not to use a timer per court because there's about 14 courts!!! As mentioned, in the main grade the club might be running, say, 10 matches simultaneously. They then might also run a couple of separate matches for the younger grades. This goes on (in cycles) for most of a Saturday morning. It involves hundreds of kids.

They currently use electronic timers and a buzzer that Noah probably used for the doorbell on the Arch. The buzzer (connected to the PA system) has failed a number of times and I find myself repairing the buzzer rather than watching the action on the courts. When the buzzer does work, more often than not, human error results in missed buzzer/times. Additionally, because the same buzzer is used for the starting and stopping of multiple matches, confusion reigns throughout the day. They use the same tone either once or twice to indicate different grade start/stop times but this becomes a mess. I upgraded their PA system (for free - sponsorship) a few years ago so I thought I should help them sort out this crap fight when it comes to timing matches.

So that's more information than you probably needed but that's how the system works (and why I want to improve it) and explains my thoughts behind a solution.

Last edited:

Buzby

Hi Darb,

This sounds like a quite complex programme to code, and with 14 courts, if you need a AXE133 type display per court, quite complex ( and expensive ) hardware as well.

May I make a suggestion ?

The timing, tone generation, and keyboard interfacing can all be done with a single PICAXE. There's no problem here, other than needing smart coding.

Then use a normal TV to display the timing for all 14 matches. Something like the Tellymate ( http://www.batsocks.co.uk/products/Other/TellyMate.htm )
I've just noticed the Tellymate is now available as an A***ino shield, so it should be ideal for use with an AXE401.

Because the AXE401 uses a resonator for it's system clock, it will probably be accurate enough for timing a match to within a few seconds. If not, then it would only need a bit of board hacking to use the AXE401 EEPROM socket to hold a DS1307 instead.

Or use a laptop with a serial terminal package.

The less hardware you need the cheaper it will be.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers,

Buzby

oracacle

the refresh rate of OLEDs displays is not an issue. The high accuracy timer I built based on hippys' timer refreshes a display extremely fast (watch it intensely and you still don't see it refresh), its uses a 20x2 @ 64mhz connected in 8bit parallel. Display delays seem to be derived from the serial interface normally used.
if it was me I would have a single clock signal that all displays shared (a simple and cheap 555 type circuit), then a simple bus type arrangement for check if there is a sound being made. Each of the timers check the if the line is high, if so wait until it goes low, then make its own sound. There would be some issues to overcome with that system (ie its still theoretically possible for two to sound at once, or two to pull the line high at the same time) - this maybe solved by a back ground serial receive of an OK package

However the upside once you have worked out the any little kinks it could in theory by expanded to as many timer as reasonable. there is no reason why simple push buttons for the input can't be routed through a rotary switch as a selection for each timer, provding you can find one that covers the number of timer you need

AllyCat

Hi,

To answer a few of your specific questions: The "1 Hz" pulses from a RTC will be by far the most accurate (assuming the PICaxe doesn't "miss" any), next the timer pulses from an X2 (using an external resonator), with the "time" variable in M2s a poor and hardly adequate third place (unless you spend time calibrating with calibfreq or variable divider loops). IIRC Marks has posted a project in the finsihed projects section to connect a RTC modudle directly onto an AXE133.

The 18M2 in an AXE133 has hardly any program code in it, so is easily capable of accepting additional code to maintain all the functions for timing a single game. If the main timing and display functions are handled inside the 18M2 then the "resfresh" or "event" (start, stop, sync, etc.) delays shouldn't be an issue. Then a single host procssor could handle the "sound" arbitration, keyboard interface and master timing pulses, etc.

I'm not clear if you are planning for around 3 or 14 timing displays, but "TV" type monitor screens really become worthwhile for spectator-visible or high-density applications.

Cheers, Alan.

Buzby

Hi darb,

I've been playing around with some code to tackle this task, but have a query about the common PA.

How will a team identify that a tone is meant for their court alone, and not one of the others ?,

It's quite simple to give each court it's own unique audio ident, maybe a two tone ding dong, but I still think there may be a source of confusion.

How is this issue handled at the moment ?

Cheers,

Buzby

darb1972

Hello Gents

I was just about to post a reply when I got another message from Buzby. Thank you to all for your input and interest. I appreciate the comments and ideas.

Buzby, I'll initially address your first post, followed by your second message. Firstly, just to clarify, at most, I only need 3 timers. It's gets a bit confusing for someone on the end of a forum post to understand the requirements and initially I didn't want to overwhelm everyone with too much detail, but I guess that is necessary for the complete picture. Even though there are some 14 courts, the Netball Association only needs 3 timers because at any one time, no more than three match timings are used. For example, the senior grade might have around, say 8 games running ALL using the same timer (and buzzer/tones) so they are ALL synchronous. The same applies for the remaining timers and grade matches. I would like to house ALL three of the timers in ONE enclosure. The timers are located in the Admin Building which is essentially anywhere from 30m to 150m away from the playing courts. This is also the building that contains the PA System.

Thanks for the idea of using the Telemate. I had heard of this in the past but hadn't looked into it. Thanks for the link. I can definitely think of several applications for projects using Telemate. I'll have to grab a module and have a play with it. I really like the idea of using it for the Netball application, but it's probably overkill for replacing 3 timers. If it had been (as you said) 14 timers, then a TV screen of decent size would be appropriate. Because the players (and referees) are so far away from the Admin building, a screen would need to be huge, and, generally with the pace of the game, none of them would tend to look at a screen often to see what time remains in a given quarter. I guess this could be something that the Association could consider in the future but I can't afford to do it as a love job. I think big screen = big dollars.

As for your second message Buzby, thanks for playing around with some code. I guess it will be a matter of having different tones/unique audio (as you rightly point out) plus a matter of educating the grades that tone xyz is your sound for start/stop. At this point in time they ALL use the same 915Hz tone (50% duty cycle square wave at about 1.5V pp) generated from a simply (and old) astable multi-vibrator. What the Admin try to do is press it once for one grade and twice for another. Because everyone's ears are "trained" to listen for the 915Hz tone, when the buzzer is pressed, some grades are stopping when they shouldn't, some are starting when they shouldn't and so on. This is not to mention that when the Admin staff (all volunteers and that changes every Saturday) stuff up the timing or worst still, press the buzzer an incorrect number of times (human error) further confusion reigns and this gives the referees the poops (once a mistake is realised). To clarify the buzzer presses, what they currently do is followup the press with an short announcement over the microphone, like, "that's the start of the second quarter for Under 15s" or "that's the end of the third quarter for Netters (young juniors)" etc. It's still VERY confusing. I think different tones along with education would be a huge improvement on the current "system".

Oracacle, thanks for your input and ideas. I will definitely give your comments further consideration.

Alan (Allycat) thanks for your comments and suggestions. I think you are thinking along the same lines as me. Good to hear that the RTC 1Hz pulse is the best approach. I thought the 18M2 might have been too busy driving the AXE133, but based on your comments it sounds like I will be able to modify the firmware and use each AXE133 to run each of it's own match timings. I'll give this more thought and start putting together a system block diagram followed by a schematic and then code. My weakness is the code so I might have to visit the forum again a few times for assistance.

Thanks all for the input.

Regards
Brad.

Buzby

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the very comprehensive clarification. I was definitely barking up the wrong tree !.

But there are still some things to clear up, for instance ..

... For example, the senior grade might have around, say 8 games running ALL using the same timer (and buzzer/tones) so they are ALL synchronous. ...
I can understand 8 games being played with one 'clock' in a perfect scenario, but are there any situations where one game needs to pause for injury or something.?.

How is that handled ?
big screen = big dollars
Haha, a few years ago i couldn't sell my old-skool ( well, 8 years old ) 36" top of the range Loewe TV for £5, 'cos it was CRT !.

But seriously, a Tellymate and an old TV ( even 14" ) will handle all you need now, plus all the extras the admin team will want when they see your shiny new timing system. Or an even cheaper option, use an old PC or laptop running a ( free ) terminal emulator, then send it control codes similar to Tellymate / AXE133.

Both these options are cheaper than buying three AXE133 devices, and it's much easier to program one PICAXE than synchronise three.

What PICAXE hardware do you have at the moment ?.

Cheers,

Buzby

darb1972

Hello Buzby

Thanks for your ongoing interest.

Thanks for the very comprehensive clarification. I was definitely barking up the wrong tree !.
Yeh, but I didn't give everyone enough information. It's a matter of balancing between giving enough detail without overloading the reading audience with too much fluff!

But there are still some things to clear up, for instance ..

I can understand 8 games being played with one 'clock' in a perfect scenario, but are there any situations where one game needs to pause for injury or something.?.

How is that handled ?
Ok it does happen on the odd (actually extremely rare) occasion but due to the distance from the admin office to the courts I think the referees simply temporarily "stop time" or "play on" and either give the quarter slightly longer or simply ignore the "stop time" as both teams lose the same amount of time. There are also (usually) plenty of reserves so they often remove and replace an injured player within only minutes if not seconds. But as said, this is an extremely rare occurrence.

Haha, a few years ago i couldn't sell my old-skool ( well, 8 years old ) 36" top of the range Loewe TV for £5, 'cos it was CRT !.
LOL indeed (my kids would be proud that Dad said "LOL"). I cut my teeth on repairing the early colour TVs here in Australia back in the day when TVs were actually valued items. When panels hit the market here, just about everyone chucked out their CRTs. I was horrified (but I got over it after years of therapy :rolleyes:)!!!

But seriously, a Tellymate and an old TV ( even 14" ) will handle all you need now, plus all the extras the admin team will want when they see your shiny new timing system. Or an even cheaper option, use an old PC or laptop running a ( free ) terminal emulator, then send it control codes similar to Tellymate / AXE133.

Both these options are cheaper than buying three AXE133 devices, and it's much easier to program one PICAXE than synchronise three.
Yeh, this is an option but a bit bulky to use a monitor/TV. I won't rule it out though. Admittedly small TV panels/monitors are fairly cheap these days.

What PICAXE hardware do you have at the moment ?.
I know I have some AXE133Y displays "in stock" and I have just about every version of PICAXE you could imagine also "in stock". I tend to like having as many things as possible "on hand". What did you have in mind Buzby???

Regards
Brad

Last edited:

Buzby

Hi Brad,

This is just the kind of project I like to get my teeth into !.

So, you've got enough AXE133's. I'd be tempted to use them just as displays, and have a X2 controlling all of them.

Have you got an AXE401 or 28X2 Module ?. Or even just a 28/40X2 ready to run ?.
( An X2 with a resonator will be accurate enough for the timing required in this project. )

The first thing to work out what the user interface looks like.
I'm envisioning a box with 3 AXE133 displays, each with a few buttons under them.
How many buttons will there be ?

Cheers,

Buzby

darb1972

Hello Buzby

Yep. I think I have enough AXE133s but if not I'll get more straight away. No problem there. I think you are now exactly on my wavelength with this project. I too visualised having three AXE133s in an enclosure all run by and X2 master. I definitely have an AXE401 ready to roll. Not sure if it has a resonator fitted but that can be easily sorted out. Got the AXE401 for another project that went on the back burner.

I think I need a start/pause button (but doubt a pause will get used), a reset button (for the rare occasion that a match/es are cancelled eg: due to rain). I'd probably also include a manual over ride button for the buzzer should the operator need to sound off a buzzer in extraordinary circumstances. Can't really think of any other buttons they would need. So maybe 3 buttons per timer.

How does that sound?

I'm thinking that when this is done others might find it useful for their local sporting events.

Regards
Brad

darb1972

Hello Buzby

Because you have shown a keen interest in this idea I just thought I'd let you know that I gave you a "bum steer" with the displays. I only (currently) have an AXE134Y (assembled) in "stock". I also have a couple of OLED Displays I bought from RevEd in the recent clearance sale but that's overkill for this app.

I can easily get either more AXE134Y or if the character set will fit, I could go the cheaper AXE133Y (which is about half the price of the 134Y but I believe it is serial only and no I2C). I guess it really depends on the layout of the display.

Giving more thought to the character set, something like the following might be enough (minimum) user information;

Game: xxxxxxxxxx
Qtr 1st Time 00:00

The problem is the second line is too long and I don't think I can reduce it further. Basically I need more characters! If I use an AXE134Y for each timer I could put something like;

xxxxx Netball Assoc.
Game/Grade: xxxxxxxx
Current Qtr: 1st ;or I could use words like "First"
Time Left 00:00

Probably the second option (although worth more) is probably the best way to go.

Buzby

Hi Brad,

We'll move onto the code once the hardware is fully specced.

I think the AXE133 is plenty big enough to display what you need, but if you want to buy AXE134's then that's up to you. Either way, I'd stick to serial comms, it means the displays won't need any modification at all, so no problems with address setting or swapping parts.

The AXE401 is a very useful bit of kit. You can solder your serial IO sockets, status LEDs, screw terminals, etc, onto an AXE405 then plug it into the 401.

First, lets get the IO allocation sorted.
With 12 buttons the AXE401 could have one pin per button, which is the easiest arrangement to code.
Then you'll need three serial outputs to drive the displays.
One pin for the tone to the PA
That's 16 pins used so far.

Do you need any LEDs on the front panel ?.

And do you really need a qwerty keyboard ?. What variable text is needed on the displays ?

Cheers,

Buzby

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Having considered the issue further it should actually be quite easy to do with a central PICAXE 28X2 and three OLED's used as pure displays. One could run almost as many timers as one ever wanted on a single PICAXE so three should be no problem.

The biggest challenge is probably in ensuring games don't start at times which cause buzzers to overlap or be too close together. That could be achieved by not allowing a game to start when that would happen. It might be a bit complicated but that can be an add-on later into the master controller.

Like eating an elephant, the trick is breaking it down into easily managed small pieces; a simple count down handler which cycles through quarters and breaks, setting sound buzzer flags as it goes, a display update routine, a means to start games and select between short and long games, plus of course some means to determine when a clock 'tick' has occurred. All that can be handled by a one word timer and a 'state' byte per game.

I'm envisioning three columns on the hardware; one per game. Each has an LCD display, a start and a pause button. That allows games to be started and paused, and before a game starts the pause can be used to switch between senior and junior, long or short, games. One could add a long pause press to abort if the wrong length game were started.

I was thinking the display could simply be "Sr 15:00" / "Jr 10:00" to select game length then "Qn hh:mm" etc as the game's quarters elapsed, "Bn hh:mm" to count down inter-quarter breaks. That's a convenient 8 characters for OLED and also good for simulation SERTXD display.

That's the core functionality and it seems to simulate well when I tried prototyping it.

Buzby

Hi hippy,

That's just the kind of code I was working on when I first started looking at this project, when I thought it needed to time 14 unique games. A single state engine, scanning a block of memory holding the data for the courts and states of 16 games, and umpteen different tones to differentiate them. The tricky part was going to be how to ensure every game 'saw' the clock tick accurately with no omissions or duplications, but I have a cunning plan.

We still need to know what hardware Brad is going to settle on.

What will we see first, Brad's netball games or Dan's cats getting fed ?

Cheers,

Buzby

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The tricky part was going to be how to ensure every game 'saw' the clock tick accurately with no omissions or duplications, but I have a cunning plan.
The problem with a tick per second is that it might occur just after pressing 'go' so 15m 00s drops to 14m 59s after less than a second. That might be tolerable but it would be better to run on a higher tick rate to minimise inaccuracies.

Or the easier accurate option; synchronise any 'go' to a tick occurring. There will be a delay of up to one second after pressing 'go' to the buzzer sounding and a game starting but that can probably be lived with.

Or the lateral thinking option; add a 'Get Ready' countdown of a few seconds where it doesn't really matter if that is inaccurate.

We still need to know what hardware Brad is going to settle on.
I would probably build it on strip-board and use an AXE201 28X2 module. That makes it easy to break the module out to screw terminals or header pins.

Buzby

The problem with a tick per second is that it might occur just after pressing 'go' so 15m 00s drops to 14m 59s after less than a second. That might be tolerable but it would be better to run on a higher tick rate to minimise inaccuracies.

~~~

I would probably build it on strip-board and use an AXE201 28X2 module. That makes it easy to break the module out to screw terminals or header pins.
Hi hippy,

I have a cunning plan to get the clock 1sec 'tick' processed nicely by what are effectively asynchronous timers. ( Well, it's not actually my invention, I saw it in a SCADA package from about 1986 )

Brad didn't say he had a 28X2 Module, but they are good bits of kit too. ( I've got a couple, but only the 'old' version. Still good enough for experiments that don't need 64MHz )

I think I feel another transworld development project brewing.

Cheers,

Buzby

darb1972

Hello Buzby and Hippy

Thank you for your ongoing interest with this project. I am getting rather excited about the whole thing and even more excited about having a couple of PICaxe pros involved!!!

Sorry about the delayed reply. I spent about 12 hours yesterday fixing Satellite systems in a remote area (no phone or internet service). Also, I'm not sure who Dan is or why he's feeding a cat? Must be a European thing?

Anyway, on with the show. I did write out a post late last night but for some reason I lost it from the screen and it went somewhere into Cyberspace.

@ Hippy. Thank you for giving this further consideration. I really like your suggestion of using one of the existing buttons to toggle between timing modes (eg: Junior and Senior). I must admit that I wasn't sure if a master PICaxe or simply any single PICaxe could pull all of this off, but you and Buzby seem confident that a 28X2 can do the lot. If not, I don't mind having other PICaxe to perform functions such as display management or whatever is needed. I'm surprised that the 28X2 can do the lot. I realise it can work at very decent speeds but wasn't sure if it could do three separate countdown sequences, update three displays (including seconds countdown) and also scan (I gather in a loop) key/button stokes.

At this stage I am (now) thinking of using 3 x AXE133Y modules mainly because of cost. With exchange rates the AXE134Y will cost me $74-95 each plus postage. Considering I am "donating" all parts and labour to the Netball Association, the larger displays tend to blow it out a bit. Mind you, at this stage I guess I don't need to decide on this straight away so I'll see if everything can fit onto a 2x16 display.

If both of you think a 28X2 can do the lot, then that's great.

@ Buzby

I definitely have an AXE401 ready to go (assembled too). I always have one of these on hand. I have used a few of them for projects. Did you have a clock speed in mind? With everything the 28X2 will need to do I gather 64MHz? I haven't looked up the spec sheet for the AXE401 but can you remember what resonator I need for 64MHz?

I think your I/O list sounds spot on. We could either add a "mode" button for each timer or as Hippy suggested, or add this feature to an existing button using a longer press down. If this was possible I would want to ensure that the buzzer/tone for a given grade also toggled with the selection as I want the players to become familiar with their "tone". Given sufficient time, the players (and referees) will automatically react to their respective tones while ignoring others (at least that's the plan). Mind you, a mode button isn't absolutely necessary and if needed (to reduce complexity) each timer could remain static rather than dynamic in function. Another thing that has come to mind is an "over ride" button for each timer whereby the operator could simply trigger a manual (extraordinary) buzzer/tone for a given match. This is a rare occurrence but might be necessary on the very rare occasion. I wouldn't want this function to change or interfere with the countdown process. If the user needs to change something then they can press the pause or maybe reset a game.

I'm not sure about LEDs. Maybe due to a lack of display space one LED for each Play/Pause button might be a good idea so that when pause is selected the LED lights up in Yellow/Orange or something like that. Even though the countdown on the display would freeze, the LED is an additional indicator telling the user that they have entered the pause mode. I guess this has some merit but uses another 3 outputs. What do you think?

I don't think it will be necessary to have any sort of qwerty functionality as their is only about 3 different game timings ever used during a season (and I will confirm this with the Association). I think each of the timing formats could be programmed into the PICaxe and remain static. The user can simply choose a game format. If things ever changed (which should never be the case) I would simply reprogram the PICaxe.

I don't think we need any variable text for this project. All the necessary text could be stored in the PICaxe program and once a user chooses the game format the only dynamic part of the display really needs to be the countdown.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards
Brad

Buzby

Hi Brad,

I can't remember if the AXE401 comes with a resonator. ( Mine has one, but I might have fitted that myself. )

Anyway, if you need one, its 16Mhz. Buy a few, they're really handy.

Too late to talk tonight, I'm off to bed.

Cheers,

Buzby

darb1972

Ahh, thanks for cluing me in Alan. Now I understand what's going on.

I started reading that thread and lost track of it. Ironically the last entry I read was your post with the 19th Century English Ancient Chinese Biblical Proverb. :rolleyes: I hope poor old Dan gets his project sorted and his surgery goes well.

With regards to this thread, don't ever be too shy to throw in a recipe or two as each cook tends to have their own methods. I always find your input interesting and informative.

Thanks.

Regards
Brad

Last edited: