24 hour sequential 08M2 elapsed timer

Desert Dan

IMG_1812.JPGIMG_1827.JPG

Hi Buzby,

Her name is "Tilly" a 7 year old Burmese. Only downside with these oriental cats is they tend to nip you when you least expect it. But their super intelligence makes up for it. Should have got her to write the program, hmmm

Well I removed the ;Sertxd; and all four outputs light steady after an hour or so nice!!

Now I'm running it on the Experimenter board with it prrgrammed for 24 hours by four. I've set my phone alarm clock to remind me to check it 15 minutes before the first 24 hour is up.

I'll let you know how it goes. Tilly and I appreciate your help and the other guys help very much.

Cheers Dan

Desert Dan

Ill start by saying " your a Genius Buzby!".

Still in the bench top testing stage, started the program, waited 24 hours and on the dot the first LED came on, I couldn't believe it could be that accurate after what the other guys had said. Now waiting another 24 hours to see if its just as accurate with the second LED, 3rd and 4th ones.

In the mean time iv'e been making the four relay driver board with the chip using Veroboard. I'm Using external relays as each Peltier device draws some 5 amps, had to buy a 30 amp power supply. Since taking the photo of the feeder Iv'e covered the food containers with Neoprene rubber for insulation. Ill keep in touch, and Tiily and I thank you very much.

Cheers John

bpowell

30-Amp power supply, Peltier coolers, Relay control boards, etc.

Yeesh...I'd just pay a neighborhood kid $20 to key-in and check on the cat!

Willie...

I'm just chiming in my two cents worth... I absolutely love this discussion! :) Dan, I think your solution is both ingenious and fascinating! :)

To every problem, there is an Engineering solution! God bless the Tinkerers!

Please DO update us when it's working, and also let us know how the hospital situation turned out!

Kind regards,

Willie...
USA

Desert Dan

Hi Buzby,

The lid timing is only early by 3 minutes after 24 hours and 6 minutes early after 48 hours. Attached are photos af the relay driver board and a view of it mounted on the side of the feeder with the relays. If I wanted to reduce the hours to say 12 would I make the change on the line "if hours = 24 then", to 12 then 36 etc. if I wanted a shorter or longer time for the other feeder bowls could I use different times eg. 12 , 18, 12 , 18 hours.

Cheers Dan

Attachments

Buzby

Hi Dan,

Great stuff !.

Yes, changing the 'if hours = xx' lines is what you need.

Meow,

Buzby