Reserved words & Symbol silly question

premelec

I have indeed red those sections - my question is more _what_ reserved words can be used in a symbol expression -
"Symbol Baudachious = t2400" passes syntax check... indicating likely many baud rates can be used - however all the other classes of reserved words I've looked at do NOT pass syntax... I'm wondering if there ARE other reserved words that can be referred to by a symbol expression besides baud rates... perhaps there are none...

oracacle

some sample words that you have found maybe helpful, I haven't come across anything I haven't been able to use that isn't documented.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Any reserved word which represents a command parameter value may be assigned using SYMBOL. For example all the baud rates, "M4" etc, "SPIFAST".

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
There are two classes of reserved word - actual commands ''high, low, pause' etc and predefined numeric constants such as t2400.

You can use symbol with the constants, as it is effectively no different to saying something like 'symbol baud = 3'.

However you can't do something like 'symbol baud = high', as that makes no sense.

premelec

Thanks all... I was getting tripped up by XORNOT WHILE etc being in same grouping - being able to change I2C modes, etc, with a symbol is very useful...