PE5 - #Slot not working 14M2

vk6bgn

Yep, still using PE5 without any issue until today. I've previously used #slot with PE5 and the 28X2 in the past without any problems. Today, I tried to use #slot with the 14M2 (firmware 6.A) which I'm under the impression has 2 slots, slot 0 and slot 1 but please correct me if I'm wrong. If the 14M2 only has 1 memory slot, then the problem solved. If it has 2 slots than here is the error that appears when using PE5 and the 14M2 chip selected, "ERROR: Directive Error - Invalid Program #slot value".

I did see one brief comment in one of the searches I did on the forum today that said something like, "thank you for the 14M2 slot feature in the new PE6".

So... the big question is, do I need to install/upgrade to PE6 to take advantage of the 2 slot feature in the 14M2 chip???

If the question has already been asked, I couldn't find it.
Thanks in advance.
"HamRadioAddict"

inglewoodpete

I did see one brief comment in one of the searches I did on the forum today that said something like, "thank you for the 14M2 slot feature in the new PE6".

So... the big question is, do I need to install/upgrade to PE6 to take advantage of the 2 slot feature in the 14M2 chip???
The short answer is "Yes".

vk6bgn

Thanks Inglewoodpete. I guess I'll be installing PE6. Sometimes old habits are hard to break. (PE5)

"HamRadioAddict"