Help please [LCD display]

jamie60

I am having trouble creating a program for my LCD screen, I got a base program and I do not understand it. Could anyone help me and post a code or try to help me by telling me how to program the code so it will allow me to put it onto a 14M2 chip and then help me by giving me the knowledge to program it to make a quiz game. PLEASE HELP, I am losing my mind trying to figure it out.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

You will certainly get a lot of help from members here but that may require a little more detail on what you have as your hardware. A good place to start is to detail exactly what LCD screen you have and how it is connected to your 14M2 or how it will be connected.

Before embarking on a full quiz game it would be best to write a few programs which simply print "Hello" and numbers to the screen which will help get you familiar with how the LCD works and also proves it does work.

johnlong

Hi
Have you looked at the Nextion displays easy to interface with
and controlled with serin and serout or hserin and out
just involves downloading their editor to create the pages you want
then connect 4 wires V+,0V serin,serout
then type your commands in ASCII
ie serout baud rate pin number ("t0.txt,34,"Have a nice play",34,$ff,$ff,$ff) 34 or $22 needed so that the command is read
with t0 being the text area you have created in the nextion editor
regards
john

westaust55

From your first sentence, it appears that you already have an LCD display.

As hippy indicates, please tell us some details about the display.
1. A link to the data sheet
2. How have you connected / intend to connect to the PICAXE - serial (1 wire), i2c (if it has that type of connection), 4-bit parallel or 8-bit parallel.

Since you have a "base program" please post that so we can understand wht you have tried.
Then folks here can asses what is needed to get it working for you.

Some information about what you currently see on the LCD can be helpful.
Is it nothing , dark blocks, garbage, other.