Editor will not install

bluejets

Downloaded the latest version of the software "picaxeeditor6" but it comes up with an error almost at the end of the install and "rolls back" the installation.
I have just done a fresh re-install of windows 7 on a 32 bit machine.
Included a screenshot pic of the error.
Has this been a problem before?

Attachments

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I am not aware of it having been a problem. It may be worth ensuring that you are logged in as an administrator, have enough disk space, and that the download has not been corrupted. It may be worth uninstalling any previous versions and re-booting, checking you can install a previous version.

The bear

@bluejets,
I've had that problem Win10, when given the option;'Allow anyone to use this program', or 'For your use only', it only loaded with the second option. The actual wording isn't correct, but you get the gist of it.
Regards, Bear..

bluejets

As said earlier, this was a fresh install of Windows 7 so no previous versions of the Picaxe software was present.

I had seen reference to registry problems and association with .NET issues so took the next step.

I did an update on the windows system which changed nothing, still the error.

Ran as Administrator and also, to save time, decided to try the "use only by me" option and all installed ok.

So I can't say which it was that cured the problem, although I tend to lean towards the first option.

Thanks everyone, assistance appreciated.