​ ​ ​ ​ Ideas for security problem - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ideas for security problem

I wonder if these cause any problems with local WIFI routers?
    - Tex
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    "Truth lies dormant in our future history." ― Tex Clodhopper LXV
    “Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.” ― Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl

And cordless phones and garage door openers?

What Buzby said: It's frequency is neither precise or stable

What I heard: Poor man's "spread spectrum"

Quote Originally Posted by erco View Post
    And cordless phones and garage door openers?

What Buzby said: It's frequency is neither precise or stable

What I heard: Poor man's "spread spectrum"
    I have had it on all day and no interference with any of the above. I also have my WiFi laptop right next to the module. Remember, these modules are meant to work with home lighting.

My radar theory is rusty, what I remember is that the doppler shift in frequency is in audio range. You compare the output frequency with the return frequency and the difference at that short a range is in Khz at most.

It does not have to be extremely stable because all you are doing is comparing the output frequency with the return echo but it's far from spread spectrum.

Of course, my engineering classes were a long time ago and I could be completely wrong

Blog Entries

Hi
    I just found this thread so on the microwave modules has any of you had any problems with them
    I am thinking of buying a few when they go on sale joking ( they are almost free anyway)
    but its been a while since anyone added some test results but seems it would be the preferred motion sensor
    another question is when it stops sensing a human movement does the output pin go to 0v right away or is there a 5 sec + pause
    thanks
    Mark

Blog Entries

I'm just in the process of building a proximity alarm using one of these modules.

Regarding time response, they go on as soon as movement is detected, and off just a second or two after.

Blog Entries

Thanks buzby
    I will order a few and try them out ... is it possible to have the "off time" reduced to 250 or less Mill seconds or is it just programmed to a specific wait period
    because the with a picaxe a person can control the rest but for like me in the future when i win the lottery I was planning on throwing some leds in when I pour my sidewalk
    but not just boring leds but some kind of motion following ones ...the apa102 strips is all that i will buy now days they are very cool and after I test the microwave sensors
    which they seem to be perfect for the job. I wish they made a motion sensing LED strip called something like a APA202 and you just program the brightness when detecting and the brightness when not detecting
    then it would be super easy to install with a picaxe. Anyway its good to know different M sensors

Blog Entries

If you scroll down the first link in post #15 you will find some pinouts.

It looks like pins 3,4,5,6 are the ones controlling response and re-trigger times.

The existing performance is OK for me, and as the pins are connected to tiny SMD capacitors and resistors, I have no interest in experimenting with them .

Cheers,

Buzby

Blog Entries

I totally missed that post but awesome information ... now I have to wait for the "quick same year" shipping from china

Maybe reduce the scope of the problem by focusing on any likely access roads people would approach your property by? Just a thought especially if some are very rarely used.

IR works well over a long range if you focus it down a tube and receive it from inside a black tube..cheap n easy or the signs below may help :-O

01 start:
    02 goto start ' will I ever reach the end
    03 end